Pedro Mendes - Red Cards query

I dont mean he will make sweeping changes and play a reserve side.

But Mendes could well be "rested".

Wilson should, but most likely wont come in.

I feel there is little value in playing Miller against a "diddy" side and so would keep him fresh as he will be ploughing a lone furrow in Europe and against the ****s.

That's 3 first team players potentially out of the starting XI for the wee cup.

WS has had plenty of opportunities to rest players and play fringe players in the past and has always resisted temptation. I dont see this game as being any different (although he did change formation at the weekend.....)

I know we had a debate about Miller...... but I would be very disappointed if we played Miller up front on his own against the Tims. A 4-4-2 at home against that mob should be more than sufficient.

I know we had a debate about Miller...... but I would be very disappointed if we played Miller up front on his own against the Tims. A 4-4-2 at home against that mob should be more than sufficient.

What we think and what Walter thinks are two very different things. ;)

WS has had plenty of opportunities to rest players and play fringe players in the past and has always resisted temptation. I dont see this game as being any different (although he did change formation at the weekend.....)

Walter has always played 4 4 2 against the tims at home.....

:D

It was the naughty T word wasn't it? :D

:o

I keep forgetting that one is banned. Not sure what the connotations of the word are though?

Mind you I didn't see the problem with calling them F.enian bastards till they changed the word's meaning. :devil:

Bryson defends Mendes

Kilmarnock midfielder Craig Bryson does not think Rangers' Pedro Mendes should have been sent off at the weekend.

Mendes saw red after being booked twice by referee Steve Conroy for two challenges on Bryson.

But Bryson has now leapt to the defence of the Portuguese midfielder.

"I got to the ball before him and he did kick me, but it was his first tackle of the game and when I saw the yellow card come out at the time I have to say that I did think it was a bit harsh," said Bryson.

"Then for the second one it was the same situation. I got to the ball first and I was really just trying to get myself out the way of the tackle.

"If I had stayed standing then I would have got hurt, but I did think that the boy had two tackles in the whole game and he was sent off so I definitely think it was a bit harsh, as was Manuel Pascali's.

"It seemed a bit much for both of them. I don't think that there were any real bad tackles in the game and there seemed to be cards being shown all the time.

"I definitely thought the red cards were harsh on both players because I didn't think there was any real intent to do damage."

Rangers boss Walter Smith is himself facing a four-game touchline ban after he was sent to the stands following Mendes' dismissal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5574097,00.html

This is an absolute siege against Rangers. When was the last time a manager in Scotland received a four-game ban?

he was sent to stands at hibs 2 seasons ago. section 4 in this report says he is due a 4 game ban. got this from FF.........

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/DisciplineExplained/DisciplinaryProcedures/13%20Disciplinary%20Procedures%20for%20Club%20Officials%20Misconduct.pdf

can't see any time limits surely there must be?

Strapon got a 4 game ban but appealed and got off with it............

they will look at this before the look at the loovens incident i'm sure!!!!

"It seemed a bit much for both of them. I don't think that there were any real bad tackles in the game and there seemed to be cards being shown all the time.

What i've been saying all along. Somehow the ref managed to lose control of an incredibly easy game devoid of big incidents, bad tackles and frayed tempers. There really should be an inquest into how the referee managed to make such a balls of a good-tempered match. Instead of Hugh Dallas coming out and doing his defend the indefensible bit.

Edited by Super_Ally