Think Positive !

Win our next two league games and we will be guaranteed top spot !

Two games at home, against our two rivals,

Bring It On :spl:

Correct Fraser, let's not get too down this early in the season,however as NC said we certainly need to up our game :spl:

Its easy saying winning our next to games against our two rivals will guarantee top spot! but the worring thing here is the manner in which we start the games? we must be up for it from the first whistle starting against aberdeen and put down a marker!

Aberdeen at Ibrox should be a banker 3 points.

They're a poorer team under McGhee than the two Jimmies though they will perhaps be more motivated than normal with a bitter mhank at the helm.

Assuming we do the business then the first OF will put down a big marker for the season ahead.

Will we get the result that takes us back top?

Will we fall 5 points off the pace early in the season, giving the mhanks a psychological boost early in the season.

Will we draw an maintain the status quo relying on someone else to do us a favour?

We really need Smith to be working his Old Firm magic on that one.

Will we draw an maintain the status quo relying on someone else to do us a favour?

We really need Smith to be working his Old Firm magic on that one.

OK, now I am only half-joking here.... are you serious ? "relying on someone to do us a favour" ? After a handful of games ? Am sure you dont really mean to say that in the context of a 38 game season......

Seriously though, Celtic are shite. Their striking options are awful and their defence is very suspect. I don' even really rate their midfield. I would take our team any day of the week, throughout the XI that start.

OUR problem, to me, seems to be a lack of motivation or an arrogance that we will win. It defies logic to me that we have a bunch of professional football players who, during the week, are caged animals doing nothing but TRAIN for a Saturday game.... and then when Saturday rolls around..... they are like timid rabbits.

I simply dont understand why on a Saturday our players seem to be so low in motivation to go out, put on a performance and prove we are better than the other team.

That problem lies with the managemenat team as much as the players. I know it is a movie but watch Damned Utd and see some of the stuff Cloughie used to do. Sometimes it takes a manager to instill motivation and belief in a team. WS, AM and KM need to impose themselves more on the way we start a game.

All too often we start at a pedestrian pace and give the opponent the initiative. Sooooo frustrating.

I only meant do us a favour as in to return to the top in the short term. I think there is a psychological benefit to leading the table than chasing the top team. Particularly if you play first each weekend.

I do agree that the attitude seems to be wrong atm. Hopefully a few dropped points will now have sorted that out.

OK, now I am only half-joking here.... are you serious ? "relying on someone to do us a favour" ? After a handful of games ? Am sure you dont really mean to say that in the context of a 38 game season......

Seriously though, Celtic are shite. Their striking options are awful and their defence is very suspect. I don' even really rate their midfield. I would take our team any day of the week, throughout the XI that start.

OUR problem, to me, seems to be a lack of motivation or an arrogance that we will win. It defies logic to me that we have a bunch of professional football players who, during the week, are caged animals doing nothing but TRAIN for a Saturday game.... and then when Saturday rolls around..... they are like timid rabbits.

I simply dont understand why on a Saturday our players seem to be so low in motivation to go out, put on a performance and prove we are better than the other team.

That problem lies with the managemenat team as much as the players. I know it is a movie but watch Damned Utd and see some of the stuff Cloughie used to do. Sometimes it takes a manager to instill motivation and belief in a team. WS, AM and KM need to impose themselves more on the way we start a game.

All too often we start at a pedestrian pace and give the opponent the initiative. Sooooo frustrating.

Great post Craig.

Our management team seem happy to wait until a 'backs to the wall' scenario presents itself before getting the team fired up, Tynecastle being a good example.

Assuming we start getting referees who weren't season ticket holders at Parkhead in a previous life, we really ought to be burying shite like Kilmarnock and Motherwell by half-time with some of the players we've got.

Guys like Boyd should be told that while they can have an off day, if they don't put in a shift they won't get a sniff of first-team action for at least a fortnight.

Great post Craig.

Our management team seem happy to wait until a 'backs to the wall' scenario presents itself before getting the team fired up, Tynecastle being a good example.

Assuming we start getting referees who weren't season ticket holders at Parkhead in a previous life, we really ought to be burying shite like Kilmarnock and Motherwell by half-time with some of the players we've got.

Guys like Boyd should be told that while they can have an off day, if they don't put in a shift they won't get a sniff of first-team action for at least a fortnight.

Cheers man, although I was posting with a bottle of champagne and a few captain morgans in me. Should just stay drunk all the time !

I agree Re the backs to the wall with one exception... it seems that it isnt the management that bring the motivation when we lose a man. It seems, to me at least, that the players all of a sudden show their OWN motivation to get results.

It is, IMO, no coincidence however that we seem to be subjected to poor refereeing decisions. Unless we have been the anti-christ in previous live(s) then we are getting far more bad decisions than others.

I was defending Miller in the other thread (rightly so IMO) but it wasnt having a go at Boyd. Boyd needs service, he didnt get it yesterday. Miller wont do shit with the same poor service either. Our problem yesterday wasnt Kris Boyd, it was the midfield for creating absolutely NOTHING for the front man.

Whilst we are at it though..... playing a 4-5-1 against Killie with Boyd as the lone striker is stupid IMO (yep.... hindsight is great). I dont mind playing 4-5-1 but not with Boyd. You play Boyd then you play 4-4-2, simple. Now.... 4-5-1 is a 4-3-3 as I myself have argued if you play it right - but our "3" were Boyd, Novo and Naismith and neither Naismith nor Novo got close enough to assist Boyd. It wasnt working early so CHANGE it early. When we play with a 4-5-1 we invariably play with a wide man who is equally comfortable playing up front. So when it isnt working after 30 mins change to a 4-4-2. Dont wait till it is too late.

But every single player should be made aware that if they want to play they have to play well when called upon ! We have a bunch of players who know they will play regardless of performance.....