Our 1st half performances away from home

Terrible!

2 points from 9 from a team who are favourites for the leauge. Unacceptable! It's always the same with Rangers under WS. Don't concede and hope we get a chance in the 2nd half. We should be attacking teams like Killie and Motherwell and taking a few goals off them.

I'm making being a bit harsh re the Hearts game cause Thommo was sent off early doors but our 1st half performances in the games against Motherwell and Killie have been awful.

Why can't we start matches how we usually finish them ie getting stuck in and creating some decent chances). It always seems to take a dodgy decision before the players roll their sleeves up and compete.

In fact, you dont need to restrict it to away games. We are shite in the 1st half at Ibrox too, for the most part.

Said it far too many times now - if we played with a high tempo from the outset we could have the game done and dusted by HT. I would rather, if we were to play for just 45 mins, that it was the 1st 45 and kill the game off as a contest.

It is easier to play hard and take your foot off the gas when cruising than it is to raise your game to try to win whilst cruising.

In fact, you dont need to restrict it to away games. We are shite in the 1st half at Ibrox too, for the most part.

Said it far too many times now - if we played with a high tempo from the outset we could have the game done and dusted by HT. I would rather, if we were to play for just 45 mins, that it was the 1st 45 and kill the game off as a contest.

It is easier to play hard and take your foot off the gas when cruising than it is to raise your game to try to win whilst cruising.

During the 9IAR era, I seem to remember Paul Gascoigne saying that Rangers were expected to win the game in the first 45, something he'd never experienced in his career. He made this in response to English journalists who seemed to think that joining Rangers was an easy option. As he said, that was some pressure to play under. I know what you're going to say, that we don't have players of that quality now. Nonetheless, we do have Mendes and Davis, experienced EPL players and surely better than anything Killie have in their respective positions. But we fail to put these teams to the sword. Must be mental problem. Don't we have these fancy sports psychologists at Ibrox?

Have we lost a game?No. I'm not very concerned. It's not easy to get out of the traps away from home. Don't forget we are the hunted now, not the hunters. Life is going to get more and more difficult. I always remember Souness saying it was hard to win a championship but even harder to retain it which is so true.

It's early early days yet. We still have a few players to come back and others to hit top form. At the end of the day, we've plaed on the orad last 3 games and although we haven't won any of them, we havent lost either.

Have we lost a game?No. I'm not very concerned. It's not easy to get out of the traps away from home. Don't forget we are the hunted now, not the hunters. Life is going to get more and more difficult. I always remember Souness saying it was hard to win a championship but even harder to retain it which is so true.

It's early early days yet. We still have a few players to come back and others to hit top form. At the end of the day, we've plaed on the orad last 3 games and although we haven't won any of them, we havent lost either.

But the problem isnt just the last 3 games though bluedan. It has been this way since WS returned. The team come out and rather than looking energetic and "up" to putting the opponents to the sword they come out looking lethargic and as if they would rather be anywhere other than playing football.

But the problem isnt just the last 3 games though bluedan. It has been this way since WS returned. The team come out and rather than looking energetic and "up" to putting the opponents to the sword they come out looking lethargic and as if they would rather be anywhere other than playing football.

Understand that mate but i'd bet that tactics aside, EVERY SPL manager when they entertain us would be saying to his players not to let us settle, get at them from the first whistle. Win your that first tackle and hit them hard.

All i'm saying is that when we get up to speed and hit a bit of form then we'll be OK. I seem to remember there was a similar thread to this toward the tail end of last season and sure enough we started flying out of the traps early.

We've played a very small percentage of the season so i really don't see an issue. It'll come and we as fans have to give the team a bit of slack and support them.

Id say Motherwell and Killie away are tricky games early on in the season especially when we have CL games and a few players had internationals also. Yet the Motherwell and Killie players are still pretty fresh.

I do agree we should be coming out the blocks a bit faster and playing a higher tempo - which we can do!

But if we get 2 wins against Aberdeen and Celtic then these draws will be forgotten about

And if we fail to pick up maximum points from these games then its going to be a long season! we could be looking at being 5 points behind the mopes before our match against aberdeen kicks off and that really puts the pressure on us.

Edited by Gers4Life

Celtic are no better and have stuggled to beat Hibs away, lucky to beat Hearts at home yesterday and drew with Dundee Utd also at home.

We need to show more especially away from home where we have created next to nothing even if the other teams are playing for a draw and timewasting :whistle: it's up to us to take the game to them.

The lack of commitment and attitude in these games from most of the players had been pretty bad and there seems no urgency whatsoever.

We sign a left midfielder Rothen and play him mainly on the right. I'd rather play a youngster than have McCulloch at he back. Davis is either very good or rotten. Mendes has done nothing this season so far, not any better than Barry IMO. Miller has no confidence and the system being played is no use for Boyd. Naismith has been good but was quiet against Killie. Fleck was poor at the weekend but I would play him more at home and give him more games first. Papac is consistantly good, along with Weir and Boogie. Whittaker has been good but still makes simple mistakes at the back and needs to improve his passing.

Why can't we play down the wings?

:whistle:

Edited by johnnyk