The article was written by Ewan Murray for the Guardian footy blog. Not sure if it went to print, but no doubt it did. Personally, I think it's an odd opinion that the article gets across since it doesn't correlate with what we're hearing from Boyd or the management in any way whatsoever.

:D haha so it was! what a dick (me).

Well in that case, yes it's odd for a celtic fan to be raising this when there's so much else to reflect on following the games(s) midweek, so i see what the 'power of suggestion' comments mean. In other words, shit-stirring.

Come January 2010 that will work out at around 25 league starts a season, which isn't to be scoffed at for an Old Firm striker

And if he had been getting any where near the same proportion of starts for Scotland there probably wouldn't have been an issue. Burley made it clear that Boydy wasn't 3rd or even 4th choice striker and used the same fuzzy logic as this joker when trying to excuse himself.

Check out the thread I posted on Boyd's complete record.

Only missed one game through suspension during his time at Ibrox (Motherwell a - 30 July 2006)

Has only missed 5 games through injury - all in the period 9/12/06 to 27/12/06 incl.

Has played in 155 out of Rangers 191 competitive games since he came to Ibrox.

To claim he has not played a large proportion of our games since arriving, as the article clearly does, is bullshit.

Do your research journos.

Edit: UCB I think you see now I wasn't slagging Ian. :thup:

Well in that case, yes it's odd for a celtic fan to be raising this when there's so much else to reflect on following the games(s) midweek, so i see what the 'power of suggestion' comments mean. In other words, shit-stirring.

Yes, shit-stirring it is. :thup:

Ian didn't use it here, but the article title on the Guardian site speaks volumes about the content & it's intentions imo.

"Kris Boyd struggles to convince Rangers he is more than a flat-track bully"

Aye nae bother Ewan. :whistle:

Not such fair comment after all then?

The comment is fair. A lot of Rangers fans might agree actually.

The issue is not over what was said, but the motive for it, who said it, when and where.

Ha ha - you'll need to explain that one to me, obscure philosophy wasn't on the curriculum at my school. :)