England to win SA 2010

According to some of the English tabloids.

You couldn't make it up, yes they've qualified from their group and already the talk has shifted to them winning it.

Every 2 seasons it's the same with this mob and every year they shoot themselves in the foot and the media end up with egg on their face. You'd think they'd learn their lesson by now.

It's brilliant seeing their faces and media reports when it all goes tits up.

I think they have as good a chance as any with the way Capello has them playing.

And with Argentina struggling to make it that would leave one less team capable of beating them.

Brazil must be favourites but they are certainly not unbeatable.

Spain must be challengers too but they, like England, have a propensity to bottle it.

Holland ?

Germany ?

If i were English I wouldn't be overly fearful of the Dutch or Germans either.

Their media is their biggest problem !

Its always best to have england at the WC to see them get knocked out, but I always say if they are in it they can win it!

but they dont have the mentality to win it, they think it will come to them half the time through some devine right while the Germans, Brazilians, Italians etc just get on with the job.

It was good to see Spain finally get past being under achievers last year at the Euro's and they will carry that onto the WC so at the moment id be backing them.

As Gav says - no more than the Quarters for England but Portugal who regularly put them out of tournaments are struggling to make it aswell as Argentina.