Turns out none of Rangers CL games are being shown on STV this year. What a surprise :rolleyes:. For the first time (at least as far as I can recall) there will be no coverage on terrestrial TV whatsoever of the SPL champions CL campaign. Would this have happened if Celtic had qualified? - I very much doubt it. Will their Europa campaign get coverage? - you can count on it...Albeit probably on the bheeb

The mhedia takeover get's more and more worrying every day :(

Edited by UCF2008

The excuse from ITV is that they're trying to cater for a wider audience - Obviously the Rangers support isn't big enough :confused:.

STV bosses meanwhile are supposedly 'furious' that ITV ignored their request for the usual opt-out deal.

Personally I think they've deliberately sabotaged the deal and we'll find that it's miraculously revived next time that lot make it past the qualifiers. Picking up on it from NewsNow, I've found STV's heightened coverage of bizarre Rangers stories over the past few months very strange indeed not to mention the similarities with other suspicious outlets of 'news' related to our club.

Over the last month, STV has announced that they intend to drop out of the national ITV schedule during certain popular programmes. STV say they will NOT take the Bill, Doc Martin, Heartbeat, .............etc. Now, the point here is that STV will have a dozen hours of prime scheduling to fill between the hours of 7pm to 10pm, please do not get hung up on the individual shows, whether they are your favourites or not. STV have declared they will fill this prime time scheduling with home produced programmes.

Given the above over the last month, then STV have been lpost out in the micro-politics of ITV. STV will have been required to cough up an amount into the ITV pot, to gain coverage of Rangers participation in the Champions League. They have decided upon the path of least resistance, the dosh being needed to produce those programmes that will substitute the gap in the national schedule.

If STV decide they can afford live coverage of Thursday night football, ie ra Sellik in the Eropa Cup, then the fan better be prepared for the amount of sh1t about to be thrown. I believe STV have abdicated their responsibilities.