ESPN/Sky/Virgin Details

looks like if you have virgin media XL package you will get ESPN as part of your package. clicky

I phoned Virgin Media this morning to confirm this. The guy was suprised as this was only announced this morning. I have sky digital and to get the sports channels, ESPN and broadband would cost significally more than virgins deal.

Which is XL package for �£40 for first 6months, �£47 there after which includes all the channels (movies, sports including ESPN), 20mb broadband.... Too bad cable is still not available in my area. What age are we living in when in mainland glasgow you can't get cable :(

Edited by m_momo1
Edit: Working Link

All the info we need from Adamski on FF:

As of Wednesday 29th July, this is how the SPL Coverage stands

30 Live Games per season, shown on Sky Sports

30 Live games per season, shown on ESPN (new channel, launching 3rd August)

The BBC coverage, which included a Monday night highlights programme, and online highlights from 6pm on a Sunday, remains the same, as does BBC Radio Scotland's exclusive coverage of the SPL.

To watch games on Sky Sports, you will require to have a Sky Sports subscription.

To watch games on ESPN, you will require to have an ESPN subscription.

Current Sky Sports subscribers, can add ESPN to their package, for �£9 per month. https://espn.sky.com/?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_ESPN'>https://espn.sky.com/?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_ESPN

If you have the SKY platform, but have not subscribed to any of their Sports packages, you can add their full Sky Sports Package, and the ESPN coverage, for �£27 per month (online only) https://espn.sky.com/?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_ESPN

BT Vision, and Freeview have still to confirm their plans (if any) to carry the new ESPN channel, although most media sources have noted that they are in talks to make it available, widely expected to be between �£12-�£15 a month to subscribers (no information on discounts for these services either).

We're definitely being royally shafted. Like I said on another thread for me to continue to watch the SPL, I would now have to pay �£54 per month, compared to �£13 a month with Setanta. I would get a million other channels and all the sport Sky offer, but I'm pretty sure I will hardly watch them. I had 46 EPL games with Setanta as well as a load of European football, rugby, PGA golf. boxing and other sports but I hardly watched them either.

Most of the other sports I watch are on "terrestrial" anyway, like the six nations, Tour de France, GP, Wimbledon, Moto GP and British superbikes.

I really just want to pay a reasonably fee for live Rangers and Scotland games as well as extensive previews, highlights, reviews and news.

Virgin doesn't look so bad if it includes 20Mbit/s broadband as well as telephone line and free weekend calls - if you use them. However, how many people are cabled up?

I'll just find a pub to watch them in now which will probably work out at about �£12 per month - including 4 beers...

I won't be paying the extra �£9 per month to get coverage via Sky. Pub, parents or mates house for me.

We'll likely be on tv 2 or more times a month on average.

Gonna cost you more than �£4.50 for a wee visit to the pub.

We'll likely be on tv 2 or more times a month on average.

Gonna cost you more than �£4.50 for a wee visit to the pub.

Not on lime and sodas at the auctioneers if things are tight :flipa:

But people are right. unless you've got virgin XL seems the best thing to do is go to a pub to watch it, or a friend who has cable.

I was really encouraged to hear about the OFs idea to go it alone with the tv deal - real initiative for a change! and although i dont know how the coverage would have been for non-OF fans, im sure that value for money would have been better, as long as they didnt do some daft exclusive deal like ESPN have done with Sky so you have to get all there crap too!

Can't get cable here either - a joke!

Me either, totally pissed off with SKY aswell, they wont move my dish for me as my signal is being distorted by a tree in the old folks home across the back from me. They say I have to pay upwards of �£90 to get it moved!! And if I lived 500 yards across the road, cable would be fine!! :box::box::box: