Gers able to reach last 16 - Edu

Guest Jum Spence

Same here cal...

However, if there are two crucial positives for this season it is the fact we have the same squad as last season and less pressure than before as well.

Those could help the standard of our performance and with low expectations in Europe, we may surprise ourselves.

:cool:

He came across really well in his interview IMO and sounds as if he believes what he is saying. Maybe it�s a different mentality he has but I wish we had more like him.

Anything can happen in football as he says. I am actually the opposite this season for some reason (and for a while) and think the new players from last season will get better and if they do then there is no reason why we can't do well in Europe, with a bit of luck of course. :)

i think its possible - i think the way the money has went there's now a few teams its impossible to beat, and everyone else is fair game. i think that's why rangers and celtic have got to the last 16 in recent years with poorer squads than those we got punted out with.

i think its possible .

I do also. Cant believe people would go into it with such negativity before 1) The groups and have been drawn and 2) A ball has been kicked.

Take away the big teams like Man U, Barca etc and there isnt much between the others.

Home advantage is huge in the CL and we all know what Ibrox can be like on a Euro night.

If we get a good centre half in and WS puts a solid team out with players in correct positions then I think we have a decent chance of the last 16. We have pacey players in Novo, Miller and Lafferty to cause problems to defenders so can hit teams on the break away from home.

I'm being realistic.

We'll play 11 men behind the ball at home and struggle to score. Away from home I don't mind backs against the wall stuff as we'll, more often than not be the underdogs away from home but at home I'd like to see us go out and attack with a bit more flair and creativity. Mind you, if we struggle to do it against Hearts, Hibs etc etc we'll struggle against teams who are in the CL.

If we play the way we did last season ie the high balls upto players who aren't that particularly great in the air we'll struggle. WS has to adapt our style of play. Unfortunately, he's not got the tactical skills to do so.