Wolves agree �£2m fee for McCarthy

Guest Jum Spence

Hard to argue with that from past experience, but I think they're doing well with Fleck so far.

Another being played out of position by Smith which will only hinder his progress. Or am I wrong in thinking Fleck likes to sit behind the strikers?

Another being played out of position by Smith which will only hinder his progress. Or am I wrong in thinking Fleck likes to sit behind the strikers?

Think he played mostly behind the striker, as a second striker or in midfield for the Youths. Hopefully someone who kept a closer eye on the yoths can confirm.

However he's one of the youngest players to play in a Scottish Cup final is he not? At a very young age he's had a bit of experience playing first team football including a short run in the team before he proved that perhaps he is not quite ready for a first pick. He's also been training with the first team since he was about 15.

With Walters penchant for playing players out of position, that might be a concern. However the argument that there is greater pressure for him if he comes on as a striker I don't think it's the worst idea to give him some game time. Many attacking players show an ability to play across the front and wide positions. However it would be good to identify his best position and get him to play there regular.

I believe he is a striker first and foremost but also likes to sit in behind.

I know he played out of position at LM last season but he did a decent enough job and came in when we were chasing Celtic which wasnt the easiest of circumstances.

Hopefully he will get more chances this season with some pressure off. I would like to see him given a run up top beside Boyd (he can do Boyd's running) to see how he plays.

He was brought in at the business end of last season - would be nice to see him get a few starts, in his preferred position, at the beginning of the season this year when there is slightly less pressure on.

And speaking of pressure, I hope this season we see a much higher starting tempo in games as we really can put teams to the sword, get out of sight in games and then introduce some of the younger players for 45 minutes - the likes of Wilson, Wylde, Fleck, Aaron, Little et al would see great benefit from getting the 2nd half if we were up 3-0 at HT.

Fleck is the youngest ever to play in the SC final.

To be honest I thought Fleck was pretty average last season. I don't blame the boy though, I blame WS. Bringing a young player in and playing him out of position. That's exactly how you dent his confidence.