From the Blackpool FC website:-

Following various media reports suggesting the Seasiders were set to complete the signing of Charlie Adam from Scottish giants Rangers, Pool boss Ian Holloway confirmed the Seasiders have had a bid accepted by the Ibrox club but the club have yet to discuss personal terms with the player, "I have just got off the phone to Charlie's agent," Holloway told http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk,

"Charlie is supposed be reporting back for pre-season training tomorrow (Wednesday)at Rangers and his agent has told us that although Rangers have accepted our offer he is a bit confused about things because he thought he might have had a chance at Rangers, the lad has heard lots of speculation about Barry Ferguson moving from the club and he fancies the chance of still playing for them because he is a Rangers fan, so he is going to see Walter Smith tomorrow (Wednesday) and hopefully he will be coming to see us on Thursday."

Hope you're able to stay Charlie!! :spl:

He's not good enough IMO to be playing every week for us unless he improves like hutton did!! Being back up is not helping him football wise either and he's on a decent wage. A move away would be the best thing alround although I did say �£500k is a bit cheap when you see other players similar or not much better going for more.............

He's not good enough IMO to be playing every week for us unless he improves like hutton did!! Being back up is not helping him football wise either and he's on a decent wage. A move away would be the best thing alround although I did say �£500k is a bit cheap when you see other players similar or not much better going for more.............

Totally agree with that.

He isnt good enough and would be a squad player at best. But I dont think he is the worst player in the squad, id play him ahead of Lee McCulloch.

I think there were games last season where we could have used Adam - The cup final immediately springs to mind.

I agree that there are other midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order, but I think Adam still has a chance of making the grade at Rangers. If Ferguson goes and we pick up one or two injuries in midfield, Adam could get a run in the side and tbh that wouldn't bother me in the slightest as I think he's more than capable.

Like I said in another thread, he needs to be getting games at this stage of his career or his development will suffer. We wouldn't have a problem finding him another loan deal if it came to that and no doubt it would be to a club as good if not better than Blackpool.

Personally, I think with 3 years left on his contract and with as many clubs showing an interest �£500k is an absolute joke. We should hold on to him for at least another year as that figure can only improve imo.

I thought he showed great promise when PLG took over and its baffling to see the glowing reports of how he did for Blackpool on loan. I know its a supposedly lower standard of football, but even so, what happened to him in recent times here?

I think it would be a good move for him if he's playing regularly and he might get more support from the fans at times too as he always seemed to be one of the first in line to get pelters up here.

I still think 500K is about half what we should be getting for him.