Pick your team for next season's opener

A new centre half is top priority for me and id have been happy with Sol Campbell if we had gotten him on a good deal.

I also think we need a genuine winger either right or left or both. Ive always thought Matthew Etherington would have been a good signing for us and Stoke picked him up on the cheap last season. Jermaine Pennant and Kieron Richardson are others I thought we could possibly land, their wages would be high but certainly not near the level of half the EPL. But they are all probably beyond our budget even with Hemdani off the books and Ferguson possibly to go.

The keeper is an interesting one. Will Alexander or McGregor start? Will the latter even be at Ibrox? McGregor was on the road to being a superb keeper 14 months ago then injury and off field stuff hampered his season just past.

One thing for sure is we need a bit more pace. WS will change it to a 4-5-1 in the CL (especially away) so we need pace on the break. Lovenkrands is one id take back. He was a big game player and a few seasons away wont have done him harm. I think we'd see a different player who gave a lot more effort in the type of games he didnt last time round.

Therefore:

____________________Alexander_________________

Whittaker______Bougherra______Tonel______Papac

Newbie________Davis________Mendes_____Lovenkrands

________________Miller_____Lafferty_____________

EDIT - put the guy Tonel in from Sporting. Would like to see him signed.

Edited by Gribz

____________________Alexander_________________

Whittaker______Bougherra____Campbell______Papac

Newbie________Davis________Mendes_____Lovenkrands

________________Miller_____Lafferty_____________

Who scores the goals?

Thomson is out until September. Ideally, I'd have a new CB, RW and LW.

Forgot about that. Wouldn't have to juggle my team as much to get all the best midifielders in now. :D

McGregor

Whittaker Boogie New CB Papac

New RM Davis Mendes Brunt

Boyd Lafferty

Still not sure who I would like at CB, with potential players being Whitbread, Hreidarson or even maybe Tonel.

RM would be maybe Novo at the minute or another new player.

Not sure who else I would fancy for either role. No doubt Smith will pluck a couple of players out of nowhere who wont be identified by the press.

McGregor or Alexander

Hutton

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Novo

Davis

Mendes

Bouazza or Lovenkrands or Fleck

Lafferty

Boyd

Thought Bouazza looked a cracking player when with Watford in the Prem. Is he still with them?

He's good on Football Manager, that's good enough for me.

FM never lies :D

Ha ha. Our scouts would probably pick some better transfer targets if they played FM rather than whatever it is they currently do.

No idea what he's been upto since. Might be like Andy Dorman and be a one season wonder(or half season in Dorman's case) :fish: but he did look good in the English top flight for a poor team.