Blackpool target Adam signature

Guest Jum Spence

I hope he stays. There are far worse players getting a game for Rangers just now than Charlie Adam. He was one of our better players and developing quickly under Le Guen. Unfortunately his confidence has since been destroyed by, IMO, over-the-top abuse from the stands. I believe his Dad stopped going to Ibrox because he couldn't listen to the stick he'd get. A cultured player by our recent standards when his confidence was up, and a set piece taker, something we haven't really had for a number of years. I'd like to see him given another chance at Ibrox, but I wouldn't blame him for trying to make a go of it down south.

I hope he stays. There are far worse players getting a game for Rangers just now than Charlie Adam. He was one of our better players and developing quickly under Le Guen. Unfortunately his confidence has since been destroyed by, IMO, over-the-top abuse from the stands. I believe his Dad stopped going to Ibrox because he couldn't listen to the stick he'd get. A cultured player by our recent standards when his confidence was up, and a set piece taker, something we haven't really had for a number of years. I'd like to see him given another chance at Ibrox, but I wouldn't blame him for trying to make a go of it down south.

To be honest i think his fitness and weight were getting below(or above) what we would expect from a Rangers player. He certainly has the skill but he needs to up his fitness levels.

I dont like to hear that his father stopped going to games due to abuse. That should never happen and his dad should start going back to games and blank out the abuse.

But Adam would be a squad player at best for me. His weight and fitness is obvious not near up to scratch.

The guy has a bit of skill but always tries the difficult things rather than a simple pass which always gets noticed in the right way.

Im not too sure what his best position is. Some say he is naturally a centre midfielder but he has played most of the time on the left - where I wouldnt play him. Maybe he could do a better job upfront or playing off a striker.

I still though Adam was embarrassing sitting live on sky sports picking his nose during an interview.

Either way, is he goes and we get a decent fee of 750k id take it, if not then he should be a squad player.

I dont like to hear that his father stopped going to games due to abuse. That should never happen and his dad should start going back to games and blank out the abuse.

But Adam would be a squad player at best for me. His weight and fitness is obvious not near up to scratch.

The guy has a bit of skill but always tries the difficult things rather than a simple pass which always gets noticed in the right way.

Im not too sure what his best position is. Some say he is naturally a centre midfielder but he has played most of the time on the left - where I wouldnt play him. Maybe he could do a better job upfront or playing off a striker.

I still though Adam was embarrassing sitting live on sky sports picking his nose during an interview.

Either way, is he goes and we get a decent fee of 750k id take it, if not then he should be a squad player.

Remember Gribz Hemdani was slated for not trying a forward pass.

Adam is technically a very good player.

His problem was always a lack of pace that I think was often confused for being unfit for some reason. A while back it was rumoured Adam was scoring the highest of any player in aerobic fitness testing.

I also don't think he's overweight. He has a body type and shape that is quite heavy, but I don't believe he is carrying a lot of excess fat.

He was played wide left a lot and out on the wings a lack of pace would be more obviously exposed, however his favoured position is in the centre.

Adam is technically a very good player.

His problem was always a lack of pace that I think was often confused for being unfit for some reason. A while back it was rumoured Adam was scoring the highest of any player in aerobic fitness testing.

I also don't think he's overweight. He has a body type and shape that is quite heavy, but I don't believe he is carrying a lot of excess fat.

He was played wide left a lot and out on the wings a lack of pace would be more obviously exposed, however his favoured position is in the centre.

his problem is hes a fat B*stard!

I think he got dragged down by Smiths negative tactics.

Couldn't agree more,and glad you have posted this,I have always thought he was/is a decent young player but was always slaughtered,OTT IMO,for a lot of his performances.I think he is way better than anybody else we have at LM,even though that's not his best position,but we cry out for a bit of creativity and he certainly has that,although he has to learn when & when not to try the world cup pass,but he is young enough to improve IMO and would like to see him given another chance at Rangers.