Blackpool target Adam signature

Guest Jum Spence

It wouldn't surprise me if he did sign a move deal. He's apparently been taken in by the fans after performing really well for them. If he's getting a regular game for them & being applauded for his efforts rather than heckled, who could blame him if he wanted the move. I'd be quite sad to see him leave though.

Blackpool aren't as bad as some think - they are a mid-table Championship team. Good place to start again and try and work your way into a bigger club's attention.

He's certainly more popular there than at Ibrox...

Blackpool aren't as bad as some think - they are a mid-table Championship team. Good place to start again and try and work your way into a bigger club's attention.

He was popular at Ibrox for a time. He scored 15(?) goals from midfield one season.

good point... stephen thomson has made is way to the premiership! the self-confessed best league in the world.

Agreed, it might be a good move. Just because Blackpool arent glamorous doesnt mean to say they cant do well. Doncaster ended up mid table also.

Yet the more glamorous clubs like Southampton, Charlton and Norwich all got relegated.

Barnsley have had a bid knocked back by Rangers! FFS!:brick::confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/8098070.stm

Barnsley bid for Adam is rejected

Adam signed for Rangers in 2004

Barnsley have had a bid rejected for Rangers 23-year-old midfielder Charlie Adam, BBC Radio Sheffield reports.

Adam spent time on loan at Blackpool last season and Reds boss Simon Davey is believed to be a big admirer.

"He did very well at Blackpool, played very well against us. What he would bring to the squad is a winning mentality," Davey said.

"They turned the bid down and there's a price we won't go over so we have to find the right price."

I see this as good news. If the offer wasn't good enough, then it shows that we're not in the market to let good players go for peanuts. I'd hope that we'll be looking for at least �£750k for Adam, but this could spark the sort of interest that could bag us a fair bit more. If it backfires & we don't sell him, he'll be handy to have for what will be another hectic season.

Thinking about it, I'd guess that the offer was less than �£400k & IMO that's exactly the type of offer we should be refusing for players like Adam. He's still only 23 yrs old & has a fair amount of big game experience plus a couple of international caps. Why should we be selling players like that on the cheap FFS?