Been released by Cercle Brugge his home club for not performing as expected.

What a shame for a guy who did have a lot of talent. He just seems to have lost all confidence.

Showed glimpses while with us but was to lightweight and went missing far to often IMO, similar to Lovenkrands although I would rather the later. Intersting to see the opinion on this though as he did have a hell of a lot of promise but the general opinion was he was lazy and hid and didnt do enough.......the same accusations of Boyd......though he will always be out top scorer, IMO Boyd improved his overall game where Buffell let it lie an has done nohing since.

Always been my sentiments regarding him and players like him but often got shot down for it. At the time I thought it was because he was just to lightweight for our league but does imply there are other reasons.

How the mighty have fallen, and in such a short space of time. Thought he was going to be a wonderful player for us.

Agree with that Norris.

He was more of a continential player who had more talent in one foot than others can dream off but just wasnt consistant. Wasnt given much of a chance after his lay off either.

Agree with that Norris.

He was more of a continential player who had more talent in one foot than others can dream off but just wasnt consistant. Wasnt given much of a chance after his lay off either.

but he's just played a whole season on the continent getting regular football. he's just been released from a poor team who finished 30 points of the leaders. he's proved himself to me what type of player he is.........

but he's just played a whole season on the continent getting regular football. he's just been released from a poor team who finished 30 points of the leaders. he's proved himself to me what type of player he is.........

He must have had a major crisis of confidence or something, because he is capable of far better than a Cercle Brugge reject. A talented player who is evidently wasting that talent.