Favourite non Rangers player

Well firstly i'll go only with players i've seen in my lifetime...so basically the 80s', 90's and 00's and if allowed i'll choose a Scottish player and an international one.

For my Scottish player it would have to be Kenny Dalglish. Watching football as a kid I wanted to be this guy, was a truly great player for Scotland and Liverpool and as manager built one of THE great Liverpool sides.

International player is a bit trickier but would probably go for Maradona, with the 1986 World Cup being the highlight. Argentina had some great players in that side but they all paled into significance beside this genius of a player to such an extent that you would have thought they were a one man team. That and taking Napoli to 2 Serie A titles ahead of the likes of AC and Inter Milan, Roma and Juventus. Went off the rails later in his career, but the Maradona of the mid 80's is, in my eyes at least, the greatest ever footballer.

Is just a pity we missed out on both of them.

Have to agree with The Leppard Man, Maradona is THE stand out and the greatest ever. At just 5ft 5" to dicate matches and go past people like he did was unreal. If anyone was born with football as a gift then he was. He was untouchable in the 86 world cup but got even better in 1987-89 but there was no world cup to show it.

I dont buy this Pele stuff as being the best ever, Pele didnt have the skills of Maradona or Zidane.