Constructive criticism is fine but I don't think much in the last couple of days fits into that category and doesn't seem to fit with the fact that we won or deal with the fact that Falkirk deserve a hell of a lot of praise.

I don't think the attitude was bad in all players and for me we picked the wrong team at the wrong time to be without our best midfield. I actually think that Mendes and Edu would have struggled in that game - but nowhere near as badly as McCulloch and Ferguson.

We all thought the latter would be the one to bring motivation to the game but he was our most anonymous player and what could be his last game passed him by with barely a footnote.

The players could have been more up for it, but it would be impossible to motivate them as much as those Falkirk players as it's just not so important for Rangers after winning the league. Anti climaxes are always difficult on motivation.

There is also maybe that like the fans the players had the expectation that they could just turn up and roll Falkirk over.

However, to me, I've seen it in all teams and Man U even looked incredibly flat in the CL final - and when I think about it, so did Barcelona.

For me, the team didn't play well but it still wasn't as bad as some make out - I for one was rarely, truly worried about losing. There is also little acknowledgment about how well Falkirk played - the attitude seems to be that they were almost relegated, so are by definition, a pub team.

Constructive criticism has to be balanced but I think there was too much knee-jerk to keep any balance.

Just because we've won the double doesn't mean we can't accompany the praise with constructive criticism.

Drumming up arguments for Walter Smith & Ally McCoists departure at this point isn't constructive criticism though Frankie & there seems to be a lot of that going on across the gers internet forums. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion though.

FWIW, I think it's undoubtedly the players' faults that displays like Saturday where a lack of desire are on show are so common. It shouldn't be the case that pro footballers on huge weekly salaries need prodded with a red hot poker before every game, but displays like Saturday are proof that perhaps they do. I'll say this much; it's no wonder that BF is saying to the press that his future is uncertain because after performances like that, he's not inspiring the club to want to keep him or inspiring other clubs to want to take him. Maybe he wants to be in limbo as some sort of childish petted lip form of self punishment.

Enjoy the season review when it comes out folks :)

The season review will be fine. They'll edit out all the crap and we'll be left with highlights of "pumping the mhanks in their ain midden" and Pedro's thunderbolt.

Boyd's goals v Motherwell and Partick.

Stevie Whittaker's crackers.

Pedro's other goals.

Miller's goal in the 3-0 at Hibs.

It's like when you get a youtube video of a mediocre player, it only shows the good bits and we'll come out of it looking like Barca. :devil: