We may not have played well yesterday, I certainly don't think we did, but we won!

Just for a little while, lets forget the negativity and just celebrate a good double which looked impossible at Christmas.

Hope for better next year, but well done to all involved since the return of WS.

I can see where you're coming from (I have a good telescope) and if we beat Celtic 1-0 after playing so poor then I wouldn't be upset but the fact of the matter is we were playing a team 20 minutes from relegation and they outfought us, outplayed us and deserved to win.

I dont disagree with anything you have said Gav, but we won, and given the disappointment of the last few years, it's surely a time to be happy.

I couldnt care less now, after it sinking in and thinking about it, I really dont care if we were the lesser team. We put the ball in the net and got the double :spl:

I can see where you're coming from (I have a good telescope) and if we beat Celtic 1-0 after playing so poor then I wouldn't be upset but the fact of the matter is we were playing a team 20 minutes from relegation and they outfought us, outplayed us and deserved to win.

We were playing a team who got to the cup final - doesn't that make them a great cup team? Cup games and league have always been different and it's obvious in the extreme that Falkirk were a far better cup team this season than league team - which is probably why they didn't actually get relegated; their last game was like a cup final and they accordingly played far better.

I don't understand how anyone can say they deserved to win. They maybe didn't greatly deserve to lose but football is not just about possession, or passing around and around. It's about scoring more goals than the other team and even when you look at the chances, I think we had the better ones.

We have a better goal record and better clean sheet record than the Bairns and that bared out in the end.

The game to me, would have had a different look in the second half had we not gone ahead so early. I think we'd have started to really press the game but the goal meant we had to make sure we held onto the lead.

Falkirk have had praise all season combined with disbelief at their league position so it seems to me the fact they were 11th is irrelevant as it's obvious they are better than that.

PLG lost to a lower division team in the League cup and then his team went out to Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup - now THAT is failure and being upset at that is far more understandable.

Were you happy with Rangers performance yesterday Calscot?

WS lost to Kaunas. Is that classed as failure? WS lost to AEK Athens. Is that classed as failure? PLG wasn't given the time or money WS had to rectify the mistakes. I'm not defending PLG, just stating facts.

Sure we won, but I didn't feel as elated as I would normally have been due to the fact that we played poorly and, apart from nacho's superb goal, were generally boring.

I don't want my team to have an unattractive style. I would prefer to have played well and perhaps won 10 - 9 or something.

What's it to be ? A " results industry " or an " entertainments industry ."

Fair enough when you play a far superior team you must be very cautious and concentrate mainly on your defensive set up. On Saturday we treated Falkirk too cautiously and they took advantage big time. I don't Rangers to be hanging on, especially when we play other Scottish Teams which are generally considered inferior

Were you happy with Rangers performance yesterday Calscot?

WS lost to Kaunas. Is that classed as failure? WS lost to AEK Athens. Is that classed as failure? PLG wasn't given the time or money WS had to rectify the mistakes. I'm not defending PLG, just stating facts.

PLG was given more than enough time to show he couldn't do the job. When a captain keeps hitting icebergs, you don't give him time to sink the ship, you get in a guy who can steer round them. 17 points behind and out of both cups says you've had all the time you deserve even with a half decent UEFA cup run.

Ironically, in the same job, Walter has Delivered the league, a very close runners up in difficult circumstances, a very good fist of pushing Celtic after PLG's disaster, 3 cups, a runners up, a good CL showing, a runners up in the UEFA cup, all in a couple of years - don't you think HE deserves more time?

Our bread and butter is the league and getting knocked out of a cup competition (CL) before your season has started is a shit happens scenario. If you take all European results and look at them like a league, WS is in a pretty healthy position with a couple of poor results.

Kaunas was a failure but was easily balanced by the prevous season's showing. Seems to me that Walter at least deserves a best two out of three decision this season.

As for our performance, yes it was below par but there was another team on the pitch, with a good reputation who were playing out of their skins which had something to do with it. It happens every year in cup competitions all over the world and Scotland in particular is a consistently amazing example of smaller teams doing well.

I've already given the Celtic example except the difference is, WE WON!

Football is not like darts where your opponent sits quietly while you try to perform your best - they are actively trying their best to make you play worse.

I think some fans have forgotten that football is not all about supporting a big team who trounces everyone every week, every season. It's a game of two teams and the beauty of it is that on the right day a lesser team can give a much better team a pretty good game. Cups are far more so and they thrive on that aspect - it's even got a name, "the romance of the cup".

I've found all season that many Rangers fans have lost touch with what real football is about. Maybe some need to try supporting a small club for a season and get a reality check, but I don't think many could stick it.

How spoiled are we to be whinging after winning the double while all the likes of ICT fans have to look forward to a struggle for promotion?

I was frustrated at the cup final performance but I was also confident all the way through that we would win it. Nacho's early second half goal made that a lot easier. It wasn't even the emotional roller coaster that fans of other teams go through in a cup final.

We get it very easy as Rangers fans and yet some can't even cope when it's not piss easy...

Sure we won, but I didn't feel as elated as I would normally have been due to the fact that we played poorly and, apart from nacho's superb goal, were generally boring.

I don't want my team to have an unattractive style. I would prefer to have played well and perhaps won 10 - 9 or something.

What's it to be ? A " results industry " or an " entertainments industry ."

Fair enough when you play a far superior team you must be very cautious and concentrate mainly on your defensive set up. On Saturday we treated Falkirk too cautiously and they took advantage big time. I don't Rangers to be hanging on, especially when we play other Scottish Teams which are generally considered inferior

This is what I don't understand - the game was boring? People say they want to see good football, people say Falkirk played good football, people say that game was boring.

Falkirk played the ball on the ground and passed around, and actually so did we. The football played was of a type which is generally called, "good football". Yet it was boring?

Well the CL final was hardly more exciting but I think the only way we can really "entertain" some Rangers fans is for the team to give out a 5-0 drubbing or more. That seems to be what passes for "good football" down Govan way these days.

cal:

Of course you make some valid points but I don't think any bears who are complaining are suggesting that we're somehow above playing badly or that an opposition team may play better. If anyone did do that, then they are fools.

However, what people are questioning (myself included) is the team's attitude. On Saturday it was appalling IMO. And, again, it is not a new thing.

Why can't we seem to motivate ourselves for so many games?

Just because we've won the double doesn't mean we can't accompany the praise with constructive criticism.