McCoist happy to wait his turn

But there may be other better cheap options when Smith leaves. Why commit ourselves at this point to McCoist?

Who would be a better choice then? I've got to be frank - I'll be f*cking ecstatic the day that Coisty takes over & not because I want Walter Smith to leave, but because I think Ally has the makings of a top class manager for us. He's not been running around getting his badges lately, he's had them for quite some time now. He's been assistant to a successful International manager & assistant to a successful Rangers manager. Add all this to the fact that his heart firmly lies with RFC & you've got a recipe for a winner. If he'd to get the job & drastically fail I'd grieve, but FWIW I'd rather have Coisty managing this club than Some stuck up & expensive super star manager. I'll go with a Salt of the Earth Rangers man any day.

Who would be a better choice then? I've got to be frank - I'll be f*cking ecstatic the day that Coisty takes over & not because I want Walter Smith to leave, but because I think Ally has the makings of a top class manager for us. He's not been running around getting his badges lately, he's had them for quite some time now. He's been assistant to a successful International manager & assistant to a successful Rangers manager. Add all this to the fact that his heart firmly lies with RFC & you've got a recipe for a winner. If he'd to get the job & drastically fail I'd grieve, but FWIW I'd rather have Coisty managing this club than Some stuck up & expensive super star manager. I'll go with a Salt of the Earth Rangers man any day.

Based on what? I haven't a clue whether he will be a good manager or not, but I'd rather get someone who is tried and tested than go down the celtic route of insisting that they have to be Rangers-minded.

Having coaching badges does not mean that you will automatically be good enough to be Rangers manager. There's a big difference between coaching and managing.

To me, it's a risk that we don't need to take.

However, he may be the best candidate at that time, and if so we take him on, but why commit ourselves now?

i'd say if ally mccoist thinks that a first managerial spell at a club the size of rangers is a good move, he's probably not cut out to be a manager. you've got to get actual first person experience.

Unfortunately having a Rangers heart doesn't make you a good manager. Being an assistant to a good manager does not necessarily make you a good manager. I would prefer McCoist proved himself as a full manager at another club before we took him on as manager. At this moment i would have Steve McClaren as manager. Proved himself in England and is an idol in Twente and Holland. His players love him, the media love him

Walter cma into the managers job after being assistant at utd then us, he didn't really do to bad a job did he.

I'm not saying its right but I really dont see the problem with a guy like Ally going to a big club as a 1st managerial position.

I can't see what you're basing Ally having the makings of a top class manager on to be honest. Being assistant is very different to being the top man pulling the strings. Remember Alex Miller at the sheep? And Paul Hegarty? And Roy Aitken? And look at Steve Clarke, one of the best no. 2s in the game but never stepped up to manager. Completely different jobs, and as much as I idolise Super, he doesn't have anything like the experience required to become Rangers manager. This is just the latest phase in the custodian's downsizing of the club. Appointing Ally from the position pf strength we now find ourselves in is a ridiculous risk IMO.

This is just the latest phase in the custodian's downsizing of the club. Appointing Ally from the position pf strength we now find ourselves in is a ridiculous risk IMO.

Were we downsizing when appointed Walter first time around then?

Based on what? I haven't a clue whether he will be a good manager or not, but I'd rather get someone who is tried and tested than go down the celtic route of insisting that they have to be Rangers-minded.

Having coaching badges does not mean that you will automatically be good enough to be Rangers manager. There's a big difference between coaching and managing.

To me, it's a risk that we don't need to take.

However, he may be the best candidate at that time, and if so we take him on, but why commit ourselves now?

Getting in someone tried and tested at other clubs doesn't automatically equate to them being a better choice than Coisty & I know there's a big difference between coaching and managing, but I think AM will be ready to step up no matter when he gets the chance. I'm not committing to anything or saying that we should for that matter, but I do believe we would be better off with Ally McCoist than any of the other numpty managers in the SPL.