http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...mura_offer.php

SHUNSUKE NAKAMURA has been offered �£2million a year to stay with Celtic for as long as he wants - according to reports in Japan today.

That's twice the deal on the table at Yokohama Marinos, where the midfield star would like to return to be with his wife and kids.

Any offer from Celtic would include the lucrative image rights for the man who turns 31 next month.

Naka's agent, Roberto Takuda, met with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell on Monday morning before flying out to Spain for discussions with other interested clubs.

advertisement

This resulted in offers from long-time admirers Atletico Madrid and Espanyol, while Hamburg also joined in the chase for the man who is currently in Tokyo preparing for international duty this weekend.

Nakamura has already turned down the chance to move to Spain or Germany, which leaves it a straight fight between Marinos and Celtic.

Personally I think he's crap and I always have.

Never shows up against us, 1 game where he scored from long range aside.

Ok so his diving/freekick combination gets them a few goals a season, but is that enough to make up for being anonymous for the other 95% of the season.

�£40k for him, i'd be well chuffed if they did that.

Given they have no manager this is an obvious ploy from Celtic to maintain/improve whatever image they have in Asia.

Do they get 40k a week in benefit from that ? Nope.

Is Nakamura worth 40k a week ? Nope.

Do I want Nakamura to stay with Celtic ? Yep.

And when a Rangers fan says that you know the player is shite. He is shite.

I hope they sign him to a 5 yr deal at that wage. 40k a week.... how long till Caldwell and Brown look for parity.... house of cards...

Sorry, I think he is shite. Yeah can hit a free kick but has done very little else (apart from dive) to live up to all the marketing hype....

Surely his FKs make him better than shite? His 1st touch is good, his passing is good, his shooting is decent enough but like others say, he hides against us. I'd love someone in our team to have a 1st touch that kills the ball.

Surely his FKs make him better than shite? His 1st touch is good, his passing is good, his shooting is decent enough but like others say, he hides against us. I'd love someone in our team to have a 1st touch that kills the ball.

c'mon we have Boydy for that m8 :whistle:

Are you a Tim ? :fish: :flipa: