Owen Coyle snubs Celtic offer as manager hunt suffers setback

OWEN COYLE will not be the new manager of Celtic after last night ruling out a move to his boyhood heroes.

The Parkhead club will now start a fresh hunt this morning for a man to replace Gordon Strachan after their first choice decided to remain in England.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/05/27/owen-coyle-declines-celtic-offer-to-take-over-as-manager-86908-21394328/

According to one of their own sites....

We at Randalstown Hoops have been told from a very good source close to Owen Coyle that he met Peter Lawwell yesterday and he was all set to take the Celtic job until the meeting started.

He was told he'd have no transfer cash except what he brought in from sales and that the club would not be re-imbursing the �£1 million he stood to lose.

Coyle then told Lawwell to forget about it and we have been told from the same source that WGS told Lawwell the same thing and thats why he walked away from the club.

Like we said this has come from a source close to Owen Coyle and you can take it anyway you want if its true or not.

More internet highway robbery by me. :o

That biscuit-tin mentality could very well have the Tims in our shadow for a while to come IF we manage our finances well.

We have a strong squad and with a bit of trimming and one or two purchases will be far better equipped than they are.

That Hartson article that we all mocked where he said "Celtic wouldn't take one Gers player"...... I think almost the same could be said but in reverse....

Boruc or Alexander/McGregor - no contest, Gers player(s) please

Hinkel or Whittaker - same, Whittaker

Caldwell or Bougherra - no-brainer, Bougherra

McManus or Weir - even at his age, Weir

Naylor or Papac - no contest, Papac

Nakamura or Davis - Davis for me

Hartley or Mendes - Mendes, even if off-form

Brown or Thomson - when fit, Thomson, thanks

McGeady or Lafferty - Probably McGeady (though I HATE to admit it) but only because we have so few options at LM

McDonald or Boyd - Boyd, hands down

JvoH or Miller - Miller, scores more and links play more

I think we are in far better shape than they are - though lets see what happens after the transfer window.