BARRY FERGUSON is on the verge of quitting Rangers in a shock �£1million move to West Brom.

SunSport can reveal Ibrox midfielder Ferguson, 31, travelled to the Hawthorns on Sunday for contract talks.

Fergie was a guest of the club for the Premiership clash with Liverpool.

Now the shamed former Scotland and Ibrox skipper looks set to pledge his future to the Baggies.

West Brom were relegated after Sunday�s 2-0 defeat, but despite several English top-flight clubs monitoring his situation it�s understood Fergie has told Tony Mowbray he�s willing to make the move.

With Gers keen to get his bumper pay off their wage bill Mogga is likely to get his man for a cut-price �£1m.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2435875.ece

Sad as though this may sound..... I think I would prefer to sell Mendes and keep Ferguson - never thought I would say that !

Soap in mouth, wash it around and then spit it out.

Sad as though this may sound..... I think I would prefer to sell Mendes and keep Ferguson - never thought I would say that !

After watching Mendes in the last 2 games Im almost agreeing with you about selling him but as for keeping Ferguson no thanks. His Rangers days are rightly over as he has burnt too many bridges and isnt the same player.

I will give Mendes the benefit of the doubt as he may be suffering from fatigue due a heavy first season in the rough SPL. He looks like he needs a break, but there has been games this season where he looks the classiest player on the ball. Im hoping for a better 2nd season from him.

Is that not a touch ironic ?

Ferguson has been no worse than Mendes this season (and probably actually better), yet we would rather get rid of Ferguson.

When Ferguson has a bad season we get the "Fergie must go", "Fergie is past it" etc etc.

Mendes has a bad season, which he has, and it is his first and he is a seasoned pro and all we get is a "hope he has a better year next year".

I am not pro-Ferguson (also not anti) but it seems that he does take more abuse than others at times.