GARY CALDWELL branded Hibs� tactics negative � and accused them of not wanting to give Celtic a game.

The Parkhead stopper hit out at the way Mixu Paatelainen set up his side after a frustrating stalemate.

Caldwell rapped: ââ?¬Å?We just couldnââ?¬â?¢t score, we did everything but. We played against a team that sat in and frustrated us and who didnââ?¬â?¢t want to come out, didnââ?¬â?¢t want to play the game.

ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s up to them how they play but it is not very entertaining for the fans or for us.

ââ?¬Å?We have to try and break that down and I thought we were very brave with our approach.

ââ?¬Å?We passed the ball, we tried to get round the back of them but they just sat deep and that frustrated us.

ââ?¬Å?It would have been very easy for us to have started lumping it but we tried to create.

ââ?¬Å?We had half-chances which you have got to take.ââ?¬Â Now the draw has left Celts praying a see-saw SPL title battle swings back their way on the final day.

He sighed: ââ?¬Å?We just have to hope it switches back the other way on Sunday.

ââ?¬Å?There is still a long way to go. As you can see from the results it is up and down. We have to again go out and do our job.

ââ?¬Å?I donââ?¬â?¢t think either of the Old Firm have won at Tannadice all season so if Rangers are going to win it then they are going to have to play well to do so.

ââ?¬Å?We just have to win. We have to focus on beating Hearts at home and that is all we will be concentrating on. If we do that then you never know.

ââ?¬Å?They are all difficult games at this stage of the season. The teams in the top six have proved to be very difficult opposition this year and have been hard to beat. So we have a really tough job on our hands.

ââ?¬Å?We have to concentrate on that. If we can then weââ?¬â?¢ll come in and then hope results have gone our way.

ââ?¬Å?For us it is just about winning a game. We have to make sure we prepare the right way.

ââ?¬Å?And if we play the way we did here we canââ?¬â?¢t miss as many chances again.

ââ?¬Å?We have to keep believing that it is our title and we have to make sure we do our job.ââ?¬Â

Caldwell denied tension had played a part in Celtic�s failure to take all three points.

Advertisement

He said: ââ?¬Å?I donââ?¬â?¢t think we looked tense, we passed the ball well from back to middle and controlled the whole game.

ââ?¬Å?I canââ?¬â?¢t remember a spell at all when they were in it, even when we started pushing men forward.

ââ?¬Å?They had the odd breakaway but nothing much to worry us.

ââ?¬Å?Just getting a goal, getting our noses in front, was the problem. If we had done that then I think we would have went on to win comfortably.ââ?¬Â

But Hibs keeper Yves Ma- Kalambay hit back at Caldwell�s claims and said Celtic simply weren�t good enough to break the Easter Road side down.

He said: ââ?¬Å?We understand that Celtic are under pressure and they are frustrated but look, at the end of the day we didnââ?¬â?¢t concede and we kept a clean sheet.

ââ?¬Å?Whatever tactics the manager put in place obviously worked.

ââ?¬Å?Celtic are a big team, they shouldnââ?¬â?¢t try to talk about other peopleââ?¬â?¢s formations ââ?¬â? they should be able to break ANY formation with the squad they have.

ââ?¬Å?If he came in and said he was extremely disappointed, well maybe they should have tried to do better to score.

ââ?¬Å?We played to our strengths with what we had and we had chances, we could have scored.

ââ?¬Å?The main thing for me as a goalkeeper is that we kept a clean sheet so for me the tactics on the day were spot on.ââ?¬Â

Ma-Kalambay found himself under siege in the second half as a string of high balls were pumped into his area.

But the Belgian revealed the only time he lost his composure was when he saw opposite number Artur Boruc head up for a corner in injury time.

He said: ââ?¬Å?I smiled when I saw that, I saw him charge at me and I almost lost my focus for a bit!ââ?¬Â

Ma-Kalambay believes Celts can get the twist they are looking for and clinch a fourth consecutive title this weekend.

He said: ââ?¬Å?Somehow I still think Celtic can do it.

ââ?¬Å?They are both great sides but I have this weird feeling Celtic can come up with something at the last minute ââ?¬â? they always do.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2433885.ece

:flipa:

Of all their players to do this i'm a bit disgusted it's an ex-hibee who knows what it's like for these teams and how big getting a result of any kind off the OF is. Did we whine and moan about the way they played us?

Shut it ya square headed retard!

Of all their players to do this i'm a bit disgusted it's an ex-hibee who knows what it's like for these teams and how big getting a result of any kind off the OF is. Did we whine and moan about the way they played us?

Shut it ya square headed retard!

It's just the MOPE way SA, toys oot the pram and all that :rfc: