The Lafferty incident

Yet again, things seem to conspire against us...

There's no "seem to" about it.

Never has "Who's the fenian in the black" been more appropriate. Good to see the majority of fans still have some balls left even if the club doesn't. Let the world know Scottish football is corrupt.

Unfortunately none of this should be allowed to detract from how woeful our team and management are.

I'm under the impression not until next season, though I'm ready and willing to be shot down over that.

Dougal knew what he was doing.

There's a poster on FF who is an official and reckons we can appeal and it will be heard before our next game.

I'm under the impression not until next season, though I'm ready and willing to be shot down over that.

Dougal knew what he was doing.

Can we blame Dougal? If he gets told by his linesman that Bougherra deliberately kicked the keeper in the head he has no alternative but to send him off. The linesman was in a far better position and the ref had no alternative but to send him off.

Dougal not to blame.

He only made his decision after consultation with the linesman. That is exactly why we will have right of appeal.

Dougal will change his mind I'm sure.

Dougal / linesman, it's irrelevant to me. If they hadn't botched the decision over Mulgrew, Bougherra would have stayed on the park. Sending off a player to 'even up' an earlier bad decision is corruption in my book.

I don't think they did do it to even it up. I just think the linesman cheated and would have done so 11v11 or 11v10.

Maybe so, but I'm not so sure. I get the feeling that the linesman perhaps took it upon himself to even things up. I don't think he & the ref 'conspired' as such, but the linesman knows fine well in that situation, that if he tells the ref it was malicious & a sending off offense, the ref is likely to pull out a red card. It's simple logic & common sense. Whatever it was that happened, Lafferty now goes in the tosser directory.