CRAIG LEVEIN branded referee Stuart Dougal a DISGRACE after a furious flashpoint last night.

And the Dundee United boss claimed the whistler � who finishes up this season � was lucky he didn�t get PUNCHED after a touchline flare-up between the pair.

Levein fumed: ââ?¬Å?I have lost all respect for him. What he said to me was totally unacceptable ââ?¬â? an utter disgrace.ââ?¬Â

The United chief was seething when Lee Wilkie was left writhing in agony following an over-the-top tackle by Celtic striker Scott McDonald.

Wilkie has suffered two major cruciate injuries in three years, but was refused treatment by Dougal, who claimed he was faking it.

Dougal then told angry Arabs manager Levein to SHUT IT as he complained on the touchline.

Levein said: ââ?¬Å?Lee has been out for three years with a knee injury. He has a stud mark above his knee and what astounded me was the arrogance of the ref.

ââ?¬Å?He made up his mind there was nothing wrong with Lee and he wouldnââ?¬â?¢t let him get treatment.

ââ?¬Å?Refs want respect but the way he spoke to me was disgraceful. I asked why he didnââ?¬â?¢t allow treatment. He stuck his finger in my face and told me to shut up.

ââ?¬Å?If I was out in the pub on a Saturday night and any of you guys spoke to me like that youââ?¬â?¢d get a punch in the face.

ââ?¬Å?No referee has ever spoken to me like that.ââ?¬Â

United star Wilkie added: ââ?¬Å?The ref said to me at half-time his kids had taken bigger hits. I donââ?¬â?¢t know what size of kids heââ?¬â?¢s got. I got a bit of a fright. Everyone knows my problems with knee injuries.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2426238.ece

Levein is bugging me more week by week. Its ok for players to chase refs and swear non stop using the F word constantly but a Ref says 'Shut up' to a manager and he is close to getting punched!!!

Levein is a clown of the highest order and its sweet we will win the title on his patch

I take it that it is legal for a player to jump up and down in front of a goalie @ corners ?, the wee aussie chimp does it every week, get's on my tit's, he wouldn't be doing it to me if I was in goals

Seconds after the tackle on Wilkie, that wee runt McDonald is waving Wilkie to get back up on his feet. I can just see McDOnalds face all screwed up with his pettit bottom lip out.

If McDonald just kept his foot on the ground he wouldve caught Wilkie but it wouldn't have been a serious tackle but the wee fucker raised his foot upto knee height deliberately. Moron!