Rangers remain with Umbro

All the recent evidence points to a renewal of our contract with Umbro. The Assembly website mentions it and other stockists (such as Littlewoods) appear to confirm it with the strip available to pre-order.

Two things...

1. Why haven't the club announced any new deal (or any renewal)? Note, the club announced the initial deal with Umbro in early March 2005 so it is strange they are so tardy this time? We've also used the Scottish Cup final in years past to promote any new strip - that appears unlikely now as well?

2. If it is Umbro; what template will we go with? Will we be based on the new Sweden strip (mock-up below) or will we follow England and go for a retro styling?

2m76otd.jpg

If we do decide to stick with Umbro then I'd love a retro-style top. I'd probably end up buying it which is something I don't usually do cause more often than not they're stinking!

It could be something to do with the JJB deal? Not sure if it was perhaps renegotiated at that point? Perhaps the deal is crap and we aren't announcing it?

It does seem strange that there has been silence about it.

Yeah, I can only assume the two are connected - since Umbro are responsible for the distribution rights outwith the UK.

Either that or the deal is very poor compared to Celtic's.