SFA study video footage of Glenn Loovens' challenge

There is precedence.

Remember Ricksen's kung foo challenge at Pittodrie?

A lot, and I mean a helluva lot was made of Ricksen's change of direction after clearing the ball, to kick one of the Young brothers.

Loovens does the exact same, he clears the ball, then changes intention to stud Edu on the knee.

He should receive the same punishment as Ricksen.

I think he will receive 9 penalty points and a 3 match ban.

However, it is probable any ban won't be applied until next week at the earliest so he'll only miss the last game of this season and the two first games of next term.

I think he will receive 9 penalty points and a 3 match ban.

However, it is probable any ban won't be applied until next week at the earliest so he'll only miss the last game of this season and the two first games of next term.

I thought a red card for violent conduct meant your suspension starts immediately ?

I've checked the SFA Handbook this morning and it says bans from special meetings start 7 days after the date of the meeting.

I guess the rules may have changed since the publication of the rules... ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8043854.stm

Loovens says he can't understand why they are looking at his challenge. Says his foot had to come down at some point.

Yes, yes it did. It just did not have to come down via a sideways strike out at an opponents vulnerable knee, rather than straight down below you as would be expected. Scumbag.

Edited by Super_Ally

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8043854.stm

Loovens says he can't understand why they are looking at his challenge. Says his foot had to come down at some point.

Yes, yes it did. It just did not have to come down via a sideways striker out at an opponents vulnerable knee, rather than straight down below you as would be expected. Scumbag.

I'd like to bring my boot down on his face