I thiought Edu was outstanding especially first half. Mendes was probably better in the 2nd half when they started to get on top a little. Davis probably just edged Edu for MOTM. Miller was good too. S Smith struggled a little and it's looking like we still have a small problem on the left. How many years have we been saying that :)

Edu was outstanding yesterday, probably his best performance in a Rangers jersey. Davis was better than he's been recently - great goal and a fantastic goal-line clearence. All 4 midfielders put in a shift but still lack the killer ball at times. On a couple occaisions we broke on Cetlc in the 2nd half, a better ball would have seen Miller through.

The real question is, can Edu be dropped for the returning Thomson?

Cammy F

I thought the midfield played well,especially Davis, Edu did all the dirty work well, Mendes also had a decent game, but I still thought the MOPES had a hold of the midfield and dominated us for long spells

I was crapping myself when Edu came off injured, he was having such a good game and the only guy on the bench to replace him was McCulloch.

I was so glad to see him get back on the pitch.

He really has come on as a player and bevviegate has ultimately been beneficial to him and of course us. I don't think there is a place at Ibrox for Barry anymore and I think we should cash in on MacGregor if we can as Alexander does give us an air of confidence in goal and as someone said, especially at crosses.

We're on our best run of the season without Barry and while it might just be a coincidence, I can help feeling that there is a connection.

We now have Thomson AND Edu for that position which could become a selection nightmare and as both are young with a long future in front of them, it's time to draw an end to the second Ferguson era.

I only managed to see the 1st half.

Edu went about his business very well until Loovens tried to snap his leg. I was very dubious about Edu when he signed and when I saw him play against ICT at Ibrox a cupla months ago but he's coming onto a game now.

Mendes was his usual average self. However, I dont blame him for being consistently average. Well, it's not all his fault. I think the options he has, attacking wise, when he has the ball are very limited. In previous games, the strikers haven't been making themselves available with decent runs that stretch the opposition defence.

Davis scored the winner. 10/10. Yaldi!! Nuff said.

Smith was poor.

Like I said, I can't comment on 2nd half performances.

That's 7 games won on the bounce without Fergie and the players have shown they can beat Celtic without "Mr Rangers". As far as I'm concerned he can stay away!

Can't wait for Thomson to return from injury though. He was excellent!

We've had 3 main holding midfielders at distinct points through the season - with Thomson at the start we were doing ok with our results skewed by terrible refereeing. Thomson was our best player at the time he was injured and in came Barry.

During Mr Bevvie's run, we've been stop start and vulnerable, not putting a decent run of results in. Everyone noted he didn't fit in well with Mendes whereas Thomson had a good partnership.

Now with Edu, despite taking a couple of games to settle, we're getting the results again and not throwing away stupid points.

I always thought we were very unlucky to lose a very on form Thomson so early, but I think it's proven that while Barry is still a good player, he just doesn't fit in our team anymore.

In the end I think he really needs a new challenge.

I've been dubious about him for three seasons now and have always thought that had PLG treated his Ibrox job seriously then he could have nipped any disruption from Barry in the bud. He could have got rid quite easily if he'd put a winning team on without him. Instead he let it all fester, performed abysmally himself as manager, and in the end used Ferguson as a scapegoat to allow the Frenchman to leave the mess he'd made for himself.

Ferguson made his point when Walter came back, for the second half of the season, but since then he's been a player who has rarely shown he's much above average. He still may have the talent but he doesn't seem to be able to motivate himself to use it.

In the end I think he really needs a new challenge.

So Gazza, after the game did you have a "Peanut butter jelly time"?

I was at work so unfortunately I didn't have one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1rSm2MDM4]It's peanut butter jelly time[/ame]