SPL reach decision on TV contract

On Wednesday, Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson hoped clubs would be realistic at their meeting, saying: "I hope commonsense prevails for the good of the SPL. We are where we are.

"There is no point in looking to where we were last summer. We've got to move forward. It's a tough world out there."

That doesn't mean that they have to tear up a contract that Setanta entered into freely. I can't see any reason why the clubs should change any part of the contract

I can't see any reason why the clubs should change any part of the contract

Agreed! If Setanta got a huge slice of the EPL pie then they would drop the SPL quicker than they could say 'Setanta is shite'.

I suppose the only reason from the 12 clubs is there is no other alternative. But they should have got something in paper stating they want xxx amount back until 20** when the so called recession is over.