STEPHEN McMANUS is OUT of the Old Firm title crunch at Ibrox.

STEPHEN McMANUS is OUT of the Old Firm title crunch at Ibrox.

And he will know within the next 48 hours if his campaign is OVER.

SunSport can reveal the crocked Celtic captain is in Leeds to get a definitive verdict on his damaged knee.

It is likely to lead to the 26-year-old going under the knife and being sidelined until pre-season at the earliest.

Glenn Loovens will get the nod to start against Rangers, who are just a point behind four-in-a-row chasing Celtic, with only four games to play.

McManus was forced off after 50 minutes of the 3-1 win at Aberdeen. It�s believed the stopper has been training and playing through the pain of ankle and knee problems for a month.

The Scotland ace had to come off at half-time against Hearts on April 11 after struggling with his damaged ankle.

It earned him a rebuke from manager Gordon Strachan and a demand for more honesty about his fitness.

Strach then revealed after the victory over the Dons that McManus had made his vulnerable knee worse by over-compensating.

It had been hoped a two-week break before Aberdeen, including a trip to La Manga, would be the key for recovery.

But it made little difference.

Scotland boss George Burley will also be anxious to hear the injury bulletin on the big defender.

The next World Cup qualifier is in Norway on August 12 � and McManus is one of Burley�s first picks.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2416101.ece

he's shite and i was hoping he would play!!

loovens is more of a danger at set pieces and better in the air IMO but very slow but will we play the ball on the ground, don't be silly, long balls here we come!!!

Any of these clowns out injured is good,personally I think I'd rather he was out as he is capable of bullying our players so I do think this will help us, Loovens is shite

Any of these clowns out injured is good,personally I think I'd rather he was out as he is capable of bullying our players so I do think this will help us, Loovens is shite

he is but better than Mcanus IMO m8, I can't believe he is scum captain and how much praise he gets, he is far worse than loovens...........

A lot of people seem to state Loovens is better than McManus. Not seen enough of the former to compare. But McManus is overrated.

Though the ref's usually let him away with his dirty challenges, so could help him being out.

I can only go on what my septic supporting mates say, who go to the games every week, i try not to watch this shite.

From what i can tell, the septic fans have no confidence in Loovens at all and much prefer McManus to him so IMO it can only be a good thing that hes out.

Can't decide if this is good news or not to be honest!

All I was trying to say, I think :confused:, is that we are a weak team and he is a thug,the same as Broon,so them losing a bit of dig should/could help us

Fantastic news. Loovens can play a bit but he's no dominator, in fact I'd say he's a bit of a shitebag. I'm putting twenty sheets on Boyd to score. And with no Robson or Broon? They're fucked. It's Ibrox remember.