Our Best Keeper

Best Keeper?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Best Keeper?

• Woods
    • Goram
    • Klos
    • Other

Agree Norris, in this Bear's mind not even up for discussion. The only thing up for discussion is how Jon can spell the legend's name wrong ;)

Woods was a quality keeper but Goram had absolutely everything.

One thing though which has yet to be mentioned is that we have, for a long time now, been blessed with QUALITY keepers - if we could find outfield players as capable as our keepers we would be walking the league at a canter EVERY year.

opened this up expecting an alexander vs shagger thread...

The Goalie wins hands down! No other choice! Woods was terrific, England international and still got one of the longest shut out records (not sure which one after vds and the WCC etc) and Klos followed on from Goram admireabley (although charbonnier was very likeable :D)

I've been lucky enough to meet both Klos (pre-season in Toronto) and Goram (on train to preseason game in Hannover) both a true gents! Klos was one of the few who made an effort to speak to me when i met the squad, and the goram story is a little longer but as it doesnt compete with BDs I'll not bore you with it! As i was a poor back-packing student at the time, he kindly bought me a couple beers on the train :D awesome banter!

Fair enough Norris but there is a tough choice between him and Woods! Gorum for me is the one but Woods close. Thats the only two for me an I doubt if we will see their likes again, certainly not the Goalie!

See \Im sure we did one of these a few years back and it was so closer between Woods and GORAM (for you craig)

See, you CAN teach OLD dogs new tricks ;)