By Andrew Dickson

MO EDU reckons today's clash with Hearts was perfect preparation for next week's Old Firm derby with Celtic at Ibrox.

Rangers had to dig in for their 2-0 win over a Jambos side which was physical and moved the ball about well.

Mo EduIndeed, it took grit rather than guile to see the Gorgie men off - and American midfielder Edu thinks it could be a similar story when Gordon Strachan's team comes calling.

As such, he feels Walter Smith's men are ideally set up to handle the white hot atmosphere of a game which will have a big say in who wins the championship.

Edu said: "It was a battle against Hearts and there were a lot of times where you never got a lot of opportunities to play football. They made the game hard for us.

"I think we did well to cope with that, overcome it and come out with the win. That was really important.

"Against Celtic next week, we're going to have to come out and deliver. We know what we're capable of and what kind of game it's going to be.

"It might just end up being a battle too and we need to be prepared for anything. We'd obviously like to go and out play the way we can but it might not be like that.

"In the end, we've just got to do what we can to win. You never know if it's going to be an attractive match or not but we'll be ready for whatever happens.

Rangers players celebrate"We are having to cope with a lot of different styles of play at the moment but we're getting wins and that's the biggest thing for us.

"Hopefully we can go into our next game and do whatever it takes again to come out with three points."

Edu was quick to praise strikers Andrius Velicka and Kris Boyd, both of whom scored in the crucial victory against Csaba Laszlo's team.

While Velicka's incredible run on his return from nowhere continues, Boyd took his tally for the season to an outstanding 30 goals.

Edu added: "I'm happy that they're on my side. I'm really pleased for Vela because he has come in and made the most of his opportunity to play.

"What else can you say about Kris Boyd? He's a goal scorer and both players have obviously been working very hard.

"They're getting goals for us but they're tracking back and defending too so I'm happy overall with how they've been playing. They've added a lot to our side."

I'm a bit worried about Edu and Mendes in the central area on Saturday. I hope we have an extra midfielder in there. To tell the truth I am pretty certain WS will have L McC. there.

You know what, i'm not worried about Edu. I'm worried about the senior players playing beside him; Davis, Mendes and whoever plays on the left. He's the only midfielder I'm entirely comfortable about playing. :eek: