Hreidassson interested in Rangers Move

HERMANN HREIDARSSON last night confirmed his interest in a move to Rangers.

The Icelandic international, who can leave Portsmouth for free in the summer, was linked with the Ibrox side in January.

Rangers made no move then but an opportunity to bring the 34-year-old defender to the SPL may be back on.

Asked to comment on the fresh interest, he said: "At the end of the season I can decide what I'm going to do."

Pressed on whether he would be keen on a move to Glasgow, he said: "Yes, absolutely."

Smith has shown an ability to make excellent signings for the centre back position; Weir, Cuellar, Bougherra and even Ehiogu.

So whislt I am not totally enthused by this latest rumour, if it were to come to fruition I would allow Smith the time of bedding the big Icelander in and seeing how it pans out.

No doubt most fans will be irate at this rumour and I Can well see why. But if Weir, Dailly and Hemdani all move on at the end of this year it might not prove the worst transfer, particularly on a free.

I would prefer however a slightly younger player who could hopefully build a partnership with Boogie for a few years.