RANGERS have been handed a timely boost ahead of today's game against Hearts with Walter Smith being named Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Month for April.

Walter Smith wins the Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Month award for April 2009The manager has guided the club to four consecutive league victories against Falkirk, St. Mirren, Motherwell and Hibs and to the Scottish Cup final thanks to a 3-0 win over St. Mirren at Hampden on April 25.

The results have kept the Light Blues' double hopes alive and they will be looking to make it six wins on the bounce this afternoon when they face Csaba Laszlo's Jambos at Ibrox.

Rangers were three points behind Celtic at the top of the league at the start of April but they managed to close the gap to just a point with Gordon Strachan's men taking ten points from a possible twelve during the same period.

Our best month of the season! We have clicked at the right time.

Do we have Barry Ferguson to thank for those antics??? :)

Give me Barry before any of the midfield players we have playing just now any time

Give me Barry before any of the midfield players we have playing just now any time

Pre 2005 Barry yes! But we seem to be winning games without him.

Id still move Davis into the centre and i think we'd see a far better player.

Pre 2005 Barry yes! But we seem to be winning games without him.

Id still move Davis into the centre and i think we'd see a far better player.

davis and mendes were woeful yesterday.............i'd have barry in there before them any day....