A Proud Moment - U19s

DANNY WILSON admits that leading Rangers out at Hampden in this week's SFA Youth Cup final will be one of the proudest moments of his life.

Danny Wilson, RangersThe 17-year-old central defender is seen as being one of the most talented young players in the country and has been a stand-out as skipper of Billy Kirkwood's under-19s.

Like his coach he was gutted to miss out on League glory this season after Hibs clinched the title on Friday but he will be doing everything in his power to stop the Edinburgh side doing the double at the national stadium.

He said: "Playing at Hampden is going to very special for all the players and I am really looking forward to it.

"When you are growing up you always dream of leading your team out in a cup final and I will be very proud to do that for Rangers.

"It's a very big game for us after we lost out on the league last week and we want to finish the season by winning a trophy.

"Hibs, of course, are a strong team this year and they have their sights set on the double.

"We have played them twice this season and they have been tight games so I expect this one to be the same.

"It will be tough but I am confident we can win the trophy for the third season in a row."

Cheer on the young guns at Hampden on Wednesday 29th April.

The match kicks off at 7.30pm and there will be a cash gate on the night with tickets priced at �£5 for adults and �£2 for children and senior citizens.