Ferdinand

Evra

Ashley Young

Gerrard

Ronaldo

Giggs

Torres

Anelka

How did Anelka manage to get into the Team of the Year? Top scorer this season but he hasn't scored since January or something. :confused:

And Torres hardly kicked a ball up until February. :confused:

Wasn't Rooney an nomination for POTY? But can't get in team of the year? :confused:

Aye it's weird. Don't get me wrong, Torres is an absolutely fantastic player but he's not been fit for half the season and missed many Liverpool games.

Aye it's weird. Don't get me wrong, Torres is an absolutely fantastic player but he's not been fit for half the season and missed many Liverpool games.

Seems its much like up here, a wee purple patch at some point in the season is all that's required.

Who would go for at left back?

Gael Clichy. Awesome player and played in all of Arsenals league games this season with the exception of their last 3 or 4.

Giggs got in the team because he hit the 800 games for Man Ure milestone. A roundabout way of doing it.

Evra should never have got in that team. I dont rate him and watch him most weeks.

I think Evra is a CLASS player, but will bow to your superior knowledge on Man U players.

Yeah, i thought Evra had had a good season, but largely based on MOTD highlights, so would also bow to JB's knowledge.

I thought Clichy hadn't been that great until the last 6 weeks, but again I wouldn't claim to have any level of insight on this.

Going back to Giggs, it devalues the award if it's going to be awarded for reasons other than who has had the best season.