A Blackpool fan's view of Adam

To keep everyone here happy we'd need a team of:

........................................Alexander

Aaron Davis Ferguson Thomson Mendes Edu Adam Fleck Smith Beasley

And what's wrong with that team? :)

Thomson is still injured - I would have Dailly in for him......

What!!!!!! No place for the Lional Messi of Scottish Football, Alan Gow...!!???

Cammy F

Adam has been guilty of trying to overplay the ball at the wrong times.

He has vision for a pass, he has the quality to execute it, and he has the balls to take it on rather than the easy route, knowing that if it comes off we are in behind the oppo defence, but when it does not come off, he gets it in the neck.

As he gets more experienced, he will learn when you can get away with that type of pass and when you just have to take the short, simple option and move on.

He can hit a good dead ball, but has been a little inconsistent.

He got far too much abuse at Ibrox from his own supporters, as seems to be the case with our youth players coming through the ranks, and that of course puts even more pressure on him.

He also needs to get himself fully fit and motivated, and work harder when we dont have the ball. We are not good enough to carry a midfield passenger.

I would not mind him getting another chance at Ibrox next season, and hopefully the experience at Blackpool will have shown him how good he could have it at Rangers, and motivate him to really have a strong pre-season and force his way into the team, and perform like he can do.

We badly miss goals from midfield, and Adam can get goals and assists for us, but only if he can find consistant form.

He got far too much abuse at Ibrox from his own supporters, as seems to be the case with our youth players coming through the ranks, and that of course puts even more pressure on him.

this has always puzzled me. do you think it's just ibrox this happens at?

Nope, it's just a sign of the fickle football fan

However, Rangers players like McPherson, McSwegan, John Fleck, Neil Murray, Stephen Pressley all received abuse from the stands even though they played in the Rangers teams that earned 9-in-a-row....

Rangers fans need a whipping boy - Charlie Adam was it for a while, now it's almost anyone in a blue jersey (Dailly, McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, Davis, Beasley, SW, et al)...

Cammy F

No, I think to a certain extent it happens at all clubs.

Home-grown talent has not been bought and presented to the fans by the club, and given the media glowing tributes that automatically get the fans onside with the signing.

I do think we are worse than most clubs in the extent of it though, and it is always worse at home games than away games.

I have never understood why it happens, I for one always give full support to young cubs coming through the ranks into the first team, and always try to defend them and encourage them. I would always prefer the home-grown player over a bought player if they are of similar ability.

Home grown players are also generally on lower wages due to them coming through the ranks, and therefore cheaper for the club as well, not to mention that we dont pay another club a fee for the player, taking money out of our club and giving it directly to a rival.