SCOTT BROWN slammed the ruling that will keep him out of next month�s Old Firm title decider and insisted: I�m being picked on.

Bookings from LAST season mean the Celtic midfielder will miss the May 9 crunch.

That�s left the Player of the Year nominee seething at the SFA�s disciplinary rules.

Brown rapped: ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m being punished for last season. I feel thatââ?¬â?¢s wrong. If you look down in England if you go three or four months your record is wiped.

ââ?¬Å?Some of the players in the Premiership have 11 yellow cards but they are suspended for just one game.

ââ?¬Å?I knew I was close to a suspension so I was trying to take things a bit easier.

ââ?¬Å?But I feel as though Iââ?¬â?¢ve cleaned up my act this season.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢ve not been banned before and for the position I play that is good going. Iââ?¬â?¢m getting punished worse than a lot of players. You calm down and youââ?¬â?¢re still getting punished.

ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s not the fairest thing in the world at this stage of the season ââ?¬â? six bookings and a two match ban. Itââ?¬â?¢s a nightmare.

ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s such a massive game as well. I donââ?¬â?¢t know if it will be a title decider but it will certainly go a long way to determining who wins the league. These are the games you want to be involved in.ââ?¬Â

Brown�s two-game ban kicks in after Saturday�s clash with Aberdeen at Parkhead.

The 23-year-old was cautioned 14 times last season, compared with just the eight bookings he�s collected this year. Now he fears he will lose his place for the title run-in � just like last year.

Brown groaned: ââ?¬Å?If Iââ?¬â?¢m out of the team I might not get back in because Barry Robson or whoever might come in and do a great job.

ââ?¬Å?It can be a double whammy because you can lose your place in the team.ââ?¬Â

But Brown reckons Gordon Strachan�s squad is strong enough to cope without him.

The former Hibs kid said: ââ?¬Å?The manager has some big players like Barry, Paul Hartley and Marc Crosas so we certainly have a big enough squad to cope.

ââ?¬Å?Maybe Gary Caldwell can play there as well.

ââ?¬Å?Well, Gary could go there I suppose!

ââ?¬Å?Seriously, these are the games you want to play in.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2381148.ece

I actually believe he's correct. To get a 2 game ban for picking up 6 bookings in a season is ridiculous. Prior seasons shouldn't be carried forward.

Time for a rule change.

However perhaps Brown should have asked his team to try and implement this at the start of the season, and start complaining about the rules during it.

I actually believe he's correct. To get a 2 game ban for picking up 6 bookings in a season is ridiculous. Prior seasons shouldn't be carried forward.

Time for a rule change.

However perhaps Brown should have asked his team to try and implement this at the start of the season, and start complaining about the rules during it.

Agreed, time for a rule change, however.....................GIRUY

Knew the rules at the start of the season.

Did someone not mention we lost KT in similar circumstances before or is my memory playing tricks.

We lost KT for BOTH OF games last season at the Piggery through suspension. Everyone knows the rules so Broon gets absolutely nae sympathy as far as I'm concerned