By Lindsay Herron

NACHO NOVO has celebrated a double century for Rangers and now former team mate Alex Rae believes he can celebrate his second Scottish title.

Novo hit the 200 mark in Saturday's Motherwell game which Rae reckons is a top achievement.

Many of the Spanish striker's appearances have been from the bench - 79 in fact - but he is still a big impact player.

Alex RaeAnd Rae is sure Novo can have a huge say as Rangers try to wrest the crown back from Celtic, now that they are just one point behind with six games to go.

"It's a great achievement for the wee man," said Alex. "I'm really pleased for him because there must have been some concerns that he would never reach this total.

"However, it's a sign of his hard work and determination to succeed that he has got there and I'm delighted.

"Reaching 200 games for Rangers is a great milestone and he can be justifiably proud of what he has achieved.

"He has made a real contribution since he has come back from his injury - none more so than at Falkirk when he set up Kris Boyd's goal.

"And I'm sure he can be a key player in the run-in for Rangers.

"It looks like it's going to be a fight to the finish and it could go to the last day again. You never know.

"I think Nacho can be a big player for Rangers in the remaining matches - and he will need to be considering the amount of injuries.

"The thing about him is that defenders don't like playing against him because he can be a real handful.

"He's got a big heart and his pace can destroy teams so I feel that these qualities will be vital for Rangers."