Fergie & McGregor available for selection again

Johnny, as Gav pointed out i did say that Barry is not to blame for everything but every one is acting as of he is the messiah that is going to win us the league. The fact is we have lost far more points with him in the team as without him. I am not pulling figures from up my sleeve these are the facts. How often have we won the league with the messiah in the team? Once i believe in the Advocaat years.

he's still our best midfielder so why not play him?

if we had better i would not play him either but we don't do we?

he's still our best midfielder so why not play him?

if we had better i would not play him either but we don't do we?

I would tend to agree IF he was playing well. Now, I am not defending ANY of our players who are not playing well but the fact remains that BF has been playing poorly this season. His replacement, Edu, has actually played quite well. That makes Edu the man in possession.

OR...... Mendes should drop out to be replaced by BF - Edu is probably the only CM who currently deserves to stay in the team. So right now it is Edu AND one from Ferguson OR Mendes - at least for this Bear.

Johnny, as Gav pointed out i did say that Barry is not to blame for everything but every one is acting as of he is the messiah that is going to win us the league. The fact is we have lost far more points with him in the team as without him. I am not pulling figures from up my sleeve these are the facts. How often have we won the league with the messiah in the team? Once i believe in the Advocaat years.

We'll just get rid on the entire squad then, they're clearly all useless. :sigh:

It's a team game, so you can't blame an individual for a lack of success. You can however employ some common sense, a little of your knowledge of the game and make a reasoned opinion over who is and isn't make a decent contribution.

This isn;t a defence of Fergie in particular.

Just tired of seeing the same arguments for people attacking players they don't like.

Hemdani must be fucking shite then eh?

In fact if Liverpool don't go on to win the league this year they should flog Gerrard as he clearly is not conducive to being a winning team. The stats don't lie. Liverpool wont win anything this year so clearly Gerrard is mince.

Edited by Super_Ally

We'll just get rid on the entire squad then, they're clearly all useless. :sigh:

It's a team game, so you can't blame an individual for a lack of success. You can however employ some common sense, a little of your knowledge of the game and make a reasoned opinion over who is and isn't make a decent contribution.

This isn;t a defence of Fergie in particular.

Just tired of seeing the same arguments for people attacking players they don't like.

Hemdani must be fucking shite then eh?

In fact if Liverpool don't go on to win the league this year they should flog Gerrard as he clearly is not conducive to being a winning team. The stats don't lie. Liverpool wont win anything this year so clearly Gerrard is mince.

At least it is an argument based on fact. That Ferguson is our best midfielder is for me debatable certainly this year. If he is our best midfielder then i want to know if that argument is based on his individual skill or his ability to fulfil his team duties and get others around him playing to their full potential. A gold ring is far more valuable than a steel ring but if you put it in a chain it is the weakest link. As for Hemdani we will never know if he could have made a difference. He was excellent under Le guen until fergie came back into the team.

Maybe Gerrard does not have the qualities to raise his team to be Champions maybe he is also the gold ring in the chain.

The examples of RVN and Paul Ince have been given before. Great players but not really great team players.

I have never named anyone shite by the way i just question if they are the best option for our team.

Sorry for the angry rant.

Still think it's a bullshit argument though. Blaming one or two players who make a greater contribution than most for the team being unsuccesful is backwards thinking imo.

RVN was let go due to some off field stuff and Fergie thinking he was done. That's Fergie speciality. Getting rid of a good player at the right time, when they are on their way down. RVN's initial period at Real shows he was a bit hasty with that one.

Sorry for the angry rant.

Still think it's a bullshit argument though. Blaming one or two players who make a greater contribution than most for the team being unsuccessful is backwards thinking imo.

RVN was let go due to some off field stuff and Fergie thinking he was done. That's Fergie speciality. Getting rid of a good player at the right time, when they are on their way down. RVN's initial period at Real shows he was a bit hasty with that one.

I have seen in Holland this year with PSV and Feynoord how players can influence a team so much that they got their manager sacked. Believe me one or two players can make a big difference.

BARRY Ferguson discovered first-hand yesterday that his return to Rangers may well be anything but seamless, the deposed captain training alone following his two-week suspension.

Rangers manager Walter Smith may have admitted in midweek that he had reversed his decision never to consider Ferguson and goalkeeper Allan McGregor for first-team duty again, but there is no sudden outbreak of peace and harmony at Murray Park.

While Ferguson was ostracised from first-team work as he returned from a fortnight's ban, McGregor, on his first day back from the same punishment, worked as normal with his fellow goalkeepers under the watchful eye of coach Jim Stewart.

Publicly, Smith claims he has not made up his mind over whether either of the shamed duo will feature against Hibernian at Easter Road tomorrow. "I will wait to make up my mind, I don't know what I will do yet," insisted the manager.

Yet the evidence suggests Ferguson has little or no chance of facing Mixu Paatelainen's men. McGregor, conversely, may be among the substitutes with Neil Alexander set to retain his place as Rangers' custodian. "There was no awkwardness this morning," said the veteran defender Christian Dailly of Ferguson and McGregor's return to the dressing room.

"We just tried to be as normal as we can. It has happened, the punishment has been served and we are all trying to draw a line under it. As players, we have kind of had enough of it. We just want to play."

The most talked-about player in Scottish football, before the drinking and gesture controversy which has engulfed so much of the last three weeks, was surely Kris Boyd. The Rangers striker will line up against Hibs with a record of 99 Rangers goals in 109 starts, such a statistic providing a strong counter argument to those who believe the former Kilmarnock man lacks basic talent.

Smith, who almost watched Boyd leave for Birmingham City during the January transfer window, is more content than ever that the forward's all-round game is worthy of praise. "I think if anything there has been a realisation (by Boyd] that goals alone are not the be all and end all these days," his manager said.

"I think the game today means that you have to contribute outwith the goals you score. There has to be a willingness to do a bit more for the team and that has shown in his play.

"Sometimes you have to look at the overall structure of the team. You can get away with just scoring goals when the rest of the team is strong and settled. Over the period, we have not been like that.

"The more difficult the game, the more you require a team effort. I hope we are getting the benefit of that now with the realisation you have to do a lot more. Before, I think Kris was reliant on the fact that if he scored, that was it and he would be in the team although, of course, what we don't want to do is take away the natural finishing ability he has."

Smith is therefore surprised Boyd's 28 goals in this campaign have not deemed him worthy of a nomination for the country's players' player of the year award. "When you have a player who is top goalscorer, you at least think he would be shortlisted," said the former Everton and Scotland manager. "People always have opinions on who is best or who is most consistent but he has shown he is the most consistent goalscorer.

"It (28] is a great return by anybody's standards but his performances have been better. In the past eight or nine games, even when he was not scoring, he has played far better. Do not ask me why, he just has. I thought he would at least have been among the nominees."

Dailly is another firm advocate of Boyd's talent, the former West Ham United and Blackburn player deeming him as incomparable to any striker he has ever played with.

"I think people have just got used to the number of goals he scores and maybe taken it for granted," explained Dailly.

"It is easy to be blase about it and say, 'There's Kris Boyd, he's scored again'. He is phenomenal. He keeps scoring goals and is a right good player. He has definitely worked hard at his fitness. At times he has found it tough our there but he has put himself through it.

"Before, he was not going to be the first to offer himself for extra running or weight sessions but he probably would be now, to be honest. I am a big fan and he has all the physical attributes in his locker. As a finisher, he is as good as anyone."