Fergie & McGregor available for selection again

First posting for me. How can Ferguson ever be allowed to play for us again? A 31 year old captain of club and country should never have allowed himself to be put in the position he was. After the Dutch humping he should have been setting an example and not leading others astray. It doesn't matter what Burley and the SFA got wrong, he has to take responsibility and carry the can. How many mistakes, errors of judgement etc. can he commit before learning his lesson? He's been around long enough to know better but clearly it's beyond him so go Barry and thanks for the memories of when you were truly an exceptional midfielder. Days now long gone I'm afraid.

Did you have the same feelings when Andy Goram was transfer listed by Walter Smith for his off-field behaviour? The Goalie was then recalled and displayed the best form of his career?

Were you calling for Gazza to be sacked and sold when he battered his wife? Or when he went on drinking sprees? Were you calling for Richard Gough to be sold when he told of days long drinking and bonding sessions during 9-in-a-row?

Cammy F

First posting for me. How can Ferguson ever be allowed to play for us again? A 31 year old captain of club and country should never have allowed himself to be put in the position he was. After the Dutch humping he should have been setting an example and not leading others astray. It doesn't matter what Burley and the SFA got wrong, he has to take responsibility and carry the can. How many mistakes, errors of judgement etc. can he commit before learning his lesson? He's been around long enough to know better but clearly it's beyond him so go Barry and thanks for the memories of when you were truly an exceptional midfielder. Days now long gone I'm afraid.

Welcome to Gersnet.

I think the two week suspension and fine was adequate, however I think he will be away in the summer,I also think it's wrong how so many Rangers fans hate the man

Welcome, mate.

Here's a question for those who think Ferguson should never play for the club again. Gazza missed games due to drinking the night before the game. His behaviour in a number of instances was a LOT worse than Ferguson's. Should the same rules have applied to him.

I guess that you think Gazza should never have been allowed to play against Aberdeen on that unforgettable league winning day?

Welcome, mate.

Here's a question for those who think Ferguson should never play for the club again. Gazza missed games due to drinking the night before the game. His behaviour in a number of instances was a LOT worse than Ferguson's. Should the same rules have applied to him.

I guess that you think Gazza should never have been allowed to play against Aberdeen on that unforgettable league winning day?

Ah!!, but you see, the argument for Gazza was he could do the business so it is ok for him to do that :confused:, not me of course

Fergie shouldn't play for Rangers again, not because of his actions at the Cameron House Hotel but for being consistently shite for us this season barring 1 or 2 games.

If those rules were fairly applied throughout the team, we'd only have 4 or 5 players to pick a team from tho.

Cammy F

Welcome, mate.

Or to take the field in many cup finals and OF games when he freely admitted that he needed a 'drink' to calm his nerves.

Cammy F

Its a tricky one, but without knowing what's going on behind the scenes I really don't know what to make of it all. Ferguson's form has been very poor for the last couple of seasons, but as has been discussed on here before, even when he plays poorly, he seems to bring "something" to the team which is missing when he's gone.

Goram was dropped and it was a real wake-up call to him, so that's how this sort of thing can work positively. But should Ferguson, as a club and international captain, need this sort of thing to let him know he needs to buck up his act and behave more professionally?

Does talent excuse things like Gazza's drinking? On his day, Gazza was world class and as we all saw, could single-handedly turn (and win) games for us. Ferguson is nowhere near that standard any more, even on a good day. I think the main problem, so to speak, is that the title is still alive. If we were out of the race, I think Fergie would have played our last game for us and WS would be giving guys like Edu some games to show what they can do and settle in to the team for next year. But at the moment we're only a point behind Celtic and its not the best circumstances for young players to come in and run things. Especially when there's so few leaders on the pitch.

Maybe it would also be different if we have a few older, experienced guys like Weir in the first XI to help the younger guys find their feet. But as we don't, I think WS is just facing up to the stark reality that we do need Ferguson in the team, albeit he's nowhere near his best. I think WS is also hoping that by stripping him of the captaincy, it gives him another boot up the arse which should see improved performances for him in the run-in.

I think its just disappointing for me to see the behaviour of the pair of them who are professional, highly-paid athletes. No-ones saying they can't have a drink, but have they not got an ounce of common sense between them? Drinking in a bar for that long after a defeat, ahead of another international? And the vickies thing was something I'd expect a petulant teenager to do, not a pair of Rangers & Scotland players.

Its a tricky one, but without knowing what's going on behind the scenes I really don't know what to make of it all. Ferguson's form has been very poor for the last couple of seasons, but as has been discussed on here before, even when he plays poorly, he seems to bring "something" to the team which is missing when he's gone.

Goram was dropped and it was a real wake-up call to him, so that's how this sort of thing can work positively. But should Ferguson, as a club and international captain, need this sort of thing to let him know he needs to buck up his act and behave more professionally?

Does talent excuse things like Gazza's drinking? On his day, Gazza was world class and as we all saw, could single-handedly turn (and win) games for us. Ferguson is nowhere near that standard any more, even on a good day. I think the main problem, so to speak, is that the title is still alive. If we were out of the race, I think Fergie would have played our last game for us and WS would be giving guys like Edu some games to show what they can do and settle in to the team for next year. But at the moment we're only a point behind Celtic and its not the best circumstances for young players to come in and run things. Especially when there's so few leaders on the pitch.

Maybe it would also be different if we have a few older, experienced guys like Weir in the first XI to help the younger guys find their feet. But as we don't, I think WS is just facing up to the stark reality that we do need Ferguson in the team, albeit he's nowhere near his best. I think WS is also hoping that by stripping him of the captaincy, it gives him another boot up the arse which should see improved performances for him in the run-in.

I think its just disappointing for me to see the behaviour of the pair of them who are professional, highly-paid athletes. No-ones saying they can't have a drink, but have they not got an ounce of common sense between them? Drinking in a bar for that long after a defeat, ahead of another international? And the vickies thing was something I'd expect a petulant teenager to do, not a pair of Rangers & Scotland players.

Agree 100%