Fergie & McGregor available for selection again

Unfortunately I agree with Cammy.

But, has this acted as a kick up there arses or will it be a bridge too far? We need hungry, angry, eager players ready to play for the jersey and sweat blood.

I believe Fergie with 2 weeks rest will be a bonus just now..... don't want to say it mind, but there you have it. Shagger, well we have a more than adequate replacement. So bench him.

I wouldn't say that these players should saunter back into the team on Sunday. However, with Steve Davis being terrible in recent weeks, maybe a change in that position is required.

Said in a thread last week, but its criminal the sheer lack of quality that we have in our squad. Nobody to replace the off-form and lackluster Steven Davis, nobody to replace Kevin Thomson and nobody able to cement the wide left position and a lack of real fullbacks.

Having these two experienced players available for the remainder of the season can only be a good thing surely?

Cammy F

Really? Did you watch us, not only struggle to defeat Falkirk & St Mirren, but be outplayed by both of them for large periods of the games? You even stated yourself that we were 'average' against a poor Mothwerwell side on Saturday - can't have it both ways....Cammy F

But we've won 3 games in a row without them which is something we haven't done since Fergie returned from injury.

It's results that count at this stage in the season, not performances. Well, that's what the majority of people are saying anyway.

But we've won 3 games in a row without them which is something we haven't done since Fergie returned from injury.

It's results that count at this stage in the season, not performances. Well, that's what the majority of people are saying anyway.

Can't deny that fact, however we did struggle with them,I just don't think BF has been any worse than Davis & Mendes, again I don't think they should walk back into the team, but we may just need them for the run in

Unfortunately I agree with Cammy.

But, has this acted as a kick up there arses or will it be a bridge too far? We need hungry, angry, eager players ready to play for the jersey and sweat blood.

I believe Fergie with 2 weeks rest will be a bonus just now..... don't want to say it mind, but there you have it. Shagger, well we have a more than adequate replacement. So bench him.

alexander was very shaky against motherwell at the weekend. didnt look confident at all. shagger every time for me.

Hardly Fergusons fault - or are all Rangers' onfield problems Barry Fergusons fault? Is he at fault from Steven Davis being terrible? is he at fault for mendes being inconsistant? His he at fault for Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo missing sitters in games we should have won? Is he to blame for Walter Smiths tactical changes (sic), formations and team selection (well, the Barry Haters will have us believe that he does indeed pick the team)...........

Without Ferguson and McGregor we have won the last 3 games but have hardly been convincing. Funnily enough, you have omitted McGregor from these charges leveled at Ferguson.....

Cammy F

[said in a thread last week, but its criminal the sheer lack of quality that we have in our squad. Nobody to replace the off-form and lackluster Steven Davis, nobody to replace Kevin Thomson and nobody able to cement the wide left position and a lack of real fullbacks.

Having these two experienced players available for the remainder of the season can only be a good thing surely?

Yes, but McGregor can't play in midfield though - and can you see Fergie playing wide right to relieve Davis? Edu and Steven Smith have increased our options just as much.

[said in a thread last week, but its criminal the sheer lack of quality that we have in our squad. Nobody to replace the off-form and lackluster Steven Davis, nobody to replace Kevin Thomson and nobody able to cement the wide left position and a lack of real fullbacks.

Yes, but McGregor can't play in midfield though - and can you see Fergie playing wide right to relieve Davis? Edu and Steven Smith have increased our options just as much.

Off course not, where have I said that Feguson should play wide right, if even at all? Our entire midfield has been very inconsistant this season, and that includes Barry Ferguson. However, Fergusons lack of quality is often highlighted whereas Davis and Mendes are treated like two superstars.

Walter Smiths refusal to drop or even sub Steven Davis recently is baffling in the extreme. He has been terrible and contributes nothing to the team. Nevermind tho, lets all get on the back of Ferguson, he's to blame for all our deficancies (sp).

Just lambasting the manager given the little or no alternatives we have for some positions given that he spunked �£20M on forwards and centre midfield players in the summer and neglected to sign fullbacks or a wide right player.

Cammy F

Hardly Fergusons fault - or are all Rangers' onfield problems Barry Fergusons fault? Is he at fault from Steven Davis being terrible? is he at fault for mendes being inconsistant? His he at fault for Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo missing sitters in games we should have won? Is he to blame for Walter Smiths tactical changes (sic), formations and team selection (well, the Barry Haters will have us believe that he does indeed pick the team)...........

Without Ferguson and McGregor we have won the last 3 games but have hardly been convincing. Funnily enough, you have omitted McGregor from these charges leveled at Ferguson.....

Cammy F

You're just being daft now Cammy. Of course Fergie isn't to blame for Davis being terrible or Novo, Boyd etc missing sitters. What a childish comment to come away with.

Cammy, we've hardly been convincing all season. We've huffed and puffed to victories all season barring a few exceptions ie Celtic at Parkhead and Hibs at Easter Road. However, loking at results with Fergie and results without Fergie, we seem to have done better without him. There must be some substance in that fact.

The reason I've ommitted McGregor from my comments is because he doesn't think he's Mr. Rangers.

Edited by Gazza_8

Guest ewan mcteagle

First posting for me. How can Ferguson ever be allowed to play for us again? A 31 year old captain of club and country should never have allowed himself to be put in the position he was. After the Dutch humping he should have been setting an example and not leading others astray. It doesn't matter what Burley and the SFA got wrong, he has to take responsibility and carry the can. How many mistakes, errors of judgement etc. can he commit before learning his lesson? He's been around long enough to know better but clearly it's beyond him so go Barry and thanks for the memories of when you were truly an exceptional midfielder. Days now long gone I'm afraid.