Boyd has proved that he can't play up front himself, and I don't believe we would have got anywhere in Europe playing 4-4-2, given the players we had. We didn't have the ability to beat teams playing football, and had to resort to a counter-attacking style.

Boyd may have scored the odd goal in Europe but we would have ended up conceding a lot more if he had being playing. That's as much a criticism of the other players in the team as it is Boyd, but for us to progress, we could only do it in one style and that doesn't suit Boyd's game.

Again I don't agree but not going to keep disagreeing with you :cheers:

I also think because of the lack of stick out contenders for POTY Boyd has to be in the reckoning for his amazing strike rate

totally agree, there is no one in the SPL that is head and shoulders above the rest but for me one thing Boyd does is he can score not only tap ins but can score from nothing (maybe he has to as he can't take players on :) )

What worries me is that Caldwell gets mentioned and not Bougherra ?

it's always good to have our players mentioned but as long as we win trophies it doesn't really matter does it!

just shows how biased the press is IMO............