Liverpool v Chelsea

Chelsea well deserved win. To be fair it could have been 6 or 7. 3-1 and Drogba missed a couple of sitters and Reina had a cracking save from Dossena.

Reina saved from Dossena? Did he nearly score an own goal? :flipa:

Liverpool were poor or maybe it was Chelseas performance that made Liverpool poor. Either way, Chelsea deserved to win last night.

Reina saved from Dossena? Did he nearly score an own goal? :flipa:

Liverpool were poor or maybe it was Chelseas performance that made Liverpool poor. Either way, Chelsea deserved to win last night.

Why the :flipa: Gav ? Did you not watch the game ? Answer is yes, he nearly scored an own goal. Malouda, I think, played the ball into the back post and in trying to put it behind for a corner Dossena almost managed to put it in the top corner but for a point blank save from Reina.

You have to question Benitez putting faith in Lucas, who did nothing. Dossena was AWFUL when he came on too.

I think it was a mixture of Liverpool losing their way and Chelsea, after scoring, having real belief. Even though at 1-0 Chelsea should have been up 2-1 I felt Liverpool looked comfortable - but as soon as Chelsea scored and Cech saved from Kuyt moments later Liverpool lost all belief whilst Chelsea almost knew they would win.

Just remembered about the save from Dossena. I actually thought you messed up and meant to put a Chelsea players name in. My bad! :whistle:

Dossena was shite as was Lucas as was Gerrard. I'm surprised Gerrard never dived to try and get a penalty once Liverpool went 3-1 down. There's still the 2nd leg.

Chelsea were awesome last night - probably their best performance since Jose left. Played the game brilliantly and nillified Liverpool and got the goals that their play deserved.

Cammy F