Breaking News: Ferguson Transfer Listed and McGregor suspended

Am I the only one that thinks this is a real kick in the nuts at this stage of the season ?,someone posted this will only have a short term negative effect on the team ?, we only have a short time to win this title, and we HAVE to win it this season, I really can't understand the excitement by some of our fans about this whole sad issue !!

Exactly Ian. Those fans who talk about our long term future obviously can't grasp that no league title, 4iar, no CL football, no guaranteed �£10mil plus whilst Celtic cream in that and all the t.v. money means we will unlikely be competing with them again for many years. Nevermind just this one.

Hold up though.... no mention of Smith who came in and re-installed Ferguson as Captain ?

Surely he is culpable too ?!?!?!

Off course he is, he is one of the cowards currently running our club is he not? People are saying that this decision is correct, brave, better for us long term. Is it? If these two players are transfer listed, qre we going to realise the full potential transfer fees for two players who are now classed as 'damaged goods' and 'trouble'. What if we don't receive offers for them in the summer? Are they welcomed back into the squad / first team? Once again with all things Rangers, we are left with more questions than answers.

Cammy F

Edited by CammyF

I believe that we are being seduced with the romance of these 'youngsters'. I haven't seen anything from any of them that suggests that they will improve our team.

Nobody really has. That's why i said footballs all about opinions. Yours and mine are but a few.

But i feel i have watched enough of them in reserve and under 19's to believe in them.

I dont think there is any romance about them either, purely potential is what wins me over.

However, Ferguson hasn't been the worst player in our team this season, far from it, yet he is the one that carries all the blame and responisibility from fans who have other reasons for wanting him to FAIL as a Rangers player and Rangers captain.

I agree, but he IS the Rangers captain and in recent months his play has been nothing short of awful. Thats why i feel someone else has to be given a chance, as until they are we will never know if anyone can step up. the damage has now been done so i don't see any harm in trying something else for a few games.

You have to realise that if you conduct yourself in the manner Ferguson has whilst being the Rangers captain, then you are setting yourself up for heavy criticism and a mighty fall. I was suprised Ferguson did though as i thought he was more experienced.

Also, if you take the job of Rangers captain part of your job is to shoulder the blame. Ferguson just doesnt seem that good at it.

Off course he is, he is one of the cowards currently running our club is he not?

Cammy F

I have said all throughout this season that Walter Smith is nothing like what he was when he was with us last.

He has made countless bad decisions and these will come back to haunt him.

Weir will be captain until the end of the season says WS.

Why has Smith stripped BF of the Club Captaincy while Burley says he will remain the International Captain , it was an International matter.

Is Smith looking for an excuse to sell Ferguson and McGregor ? and they both have handed it to him on a plate.

Good luck to Davie Weir but how much longer will he be with us longterm

K.Thomson i reckon will take the armband after Weir hangs up his boots.

Smith - Bain- Murray- Burley > GTF.

I agree, but he IS the Rangers captain and in recent months his play has been nothing short of awful. Thats why i feel someone else has to be given a chance,

So only Ferguson deserves to be dropped? Has Davis been any better than Ferguson? has Boyd? Has Miller? Has Mendes?

If Ferguson deserves to be dropped and others deserve the opportunity, then surely the likes of Davis, Miller, Boyd et al also deserve to be dropped and replaced in the team.

I do wonder if we are still in the SPL title race after the split, if players like Mendes, Boogie et al will play through the pain barrier, taking pain killing injections to help putting their health at risk to ensure that Rangers win that SPL title.

Cammy F

So only Ferguson deserves to be dropped? Has Davis been any better than Ferguson? has Boyd? Has Miller? Has Mendes?

If Ferguson deserves to be dropped and others deserve the opportunity, then surely the likes of Davis, Miller, Boyd et al also deserve to be dropped and replaced in the team.

I do wonder if we are still in the SPL title race after the split, if players like Mendes, Boogie et al will play through the pain barrier, taking pain killing injections to help putting their health at risk to ensure that Rangers win that SPL title.

Cammy F

Players who play badly constantly should always be dropped. My gripe is not soley with Ferguson, it is a universal one and one which is for the good of the team.

I'm quite happy for Davis, Miller and Mendes ALL to be dropped if they play poorly, and as such, there have been periods throughout this season where all should have been dropped for form.

But, Ferguson is not being dropped soley for form, his problem is more than that, as he acts like a plank in front of Scotland representing Rangers as their captain, acting like a child and has now stirred up a hornets nest again with his selfishness and stroppiness.

I will bid goodbye to him anytime as he had his time as Gers captain and undeniably did well for us in past seasons.

But his talent seems to have dyed off and been replaced with some kind of cretinness and as a Rangers captain that is totally unacceptable.

We have now handed the title to Celtic i reckon as the morale and atmosphere at the club will be so low and on a knife edge.

Barry,Boyd,Mcgregor,McCulloch have stuck together in the past and will continue to do so now causing possible unrest within the sqaud after todays happenings.

Somethings got to give either they get sold asap and moved on or the Manager goes cant keep both in the current situatuion and because of this i reckon we have handed them the momentum to go and and win the league , ]

Once again Rangers implode and hand the Mopes the League on a plate (possibly)

When will this Nightmare end ?

But we won't be able to shift either of these two as they are now spoiled goods and trouble makers. Do we then just bite the bullet and pay them off, losing more millions in the passing?

If Barry is as bad as everyone makes out, how on earth are we going to move him on? Who is going to buy him? Who will match his wage demands? Remember, both these players are still under contract, and as shown by Kris Boyd during January, and by Bobo Balde over the last 3 years, if you don't want to move on, then the club can do nothing (apart from paying you off) to move you on.

As said above, more questions than answers and if we can't sell either of these players, we are stuck with them.

Cammy F

But we won't be able to shift either of these two as they are now spoiled goods and trouble makers. Do we then just bite the bullet and pay them off, losing more millions in the passing?

If Barry is as bad as everyone makes out, how on earth are we going to move him on? Who is going to buy him? Who will match his wage demands? Remember, both these players are still under contract, and as shown by Kris Boyd during January, and by Bobo Balde over the last 3 years, if you don't want to move on, then the club can do nothing (apart from paying you off) to move you on.

As said above, more questions than answers and if we can't sell either of these players, we are stuck with them.

Cammy F

Thats one thing we all agree on to be honest.

This is one major headache and if Walter Smith manages to sort all this out AND win the league then he deserves all the plaudits in the world.

This is going to either make or break this side.

If we win on Sunday i think it'll go along way to helping the atmosphere improve. But that will be by no means an easy task.

This is d day for Rangers.