Breaking News: Ferguson Transfer Listed and McGregor suspended

I actually wonder if the fans claiming that Edu, Naismith et al are 'ready' and that Mendes and Davis are better than Ferguson have actually watched Rangers this season.

I am not defending Fergusons (or McGregors) behavour here, but to say that we'd be a better team without him is wrong.

As for conduct of Rangers players and captains, why was there no outpouring of morality at the antics of the likes of Gazza, Goram, McCoist and Durrant or the drinking exploits of those involved in the 9-in-a-row team(s)?

This will split the fans, just hope it doesn't split the dressing room.

Cammy F

Yip, I fear the worst because of this :(

Did we not play better football this season before Fergusons return? Granted Kevin Thomson may have contributed to that and in his absence we will have to fill that void.

I think this is the perfect opportunity to move Steven Davis into a more central role alongside Mendes with Fergusons enforced absence allowing those two players to express themelves more.

Did we not play better football this season before Fergusons return? Granted Kevin Thomson may have contributed to that and in his absence we will have to fill that void.

I think this is the perfect opportunity to move Steven Davis into a more central role alongside Mendes with Fergusons enforced absence allowing those two players to express themelves more.

How do we know that they will 'express' themselves? They haven't really expressed themselves so far this season have they?

We have no 'ball winner' in the midfield, and with Davis and Mendes we will have a 'soft centre'. Can't see either of them getting rattled into tackles to win the ball at places like Easter Road, Tynecastle et al.

In truth, Kevin Thomson hasn't been replaced and this is where our problems have stemmed from. KT was the ball winner and with either Mendes, Ferguson or Davis beside him, our team would be improved.

Huge couple of months ahead for Rangers here - the pressure to win the SPL has just been increased.

Cammy F

Agree, but at 31years old, you shouldn't need to be told when to stop.

I don't agree with that, Ian is over 31 and can't seem to stop when he's had more than enough :fish:

I can however go home at an early hour all by myself :whistle:

I don't agree with that, Ian is over 31 and can't seem to stop when he's had more than enough :fish:

I can however go home at an early hour all by myself :whistle:

Steady Johnny boy :box:

I actually wonder if the fans claiming that Edu, Naismith et al are 'ready' and that Mendes and Davis are better than Ferguson have actually watched Rangers this season.

I am not defending Fergusons (or McGregors) behavour here, but to say that we'd be a better team without him is wrong.

As for conduct of Rangers players and captains, why was there no outpouring of morality at the antics of the likes of Gazza, Goram, McCoist and Durrant or the drinking exploits of those involved in the 9-in-a-row team(s)?

This will split the fans, just hope it doesn't split the dressing room.

Cammy F

Yes, i have watched them this season and it is my opinion they are ready.

Footballs all about opinions, i have watched the reserves and the under 19s almost every week and feel that they show more fighting spirit than most of the first team.

There are players in that reserve side that could step up and take a few players jerseys.

Those claiming Edu isnt ready cannot judge the boy on a couple of first team games. Since he last played he has spent months in the reserves standing out from the rest, indicating that he AT LEAST deserves a chance to get a shot in the first team.

From what i have seen in recent months of Fleck, Edu, Aaron, and to a lesser extent Naismith, they COULD do us a turn if given an opportunity.

Barry Ferguson has done nothing for us for months, and everytime i watch him i feel like the guy thinks he's impregnable and untouchable. Strolling around the park thinking he's billy big bollocks.

Yet, most of the fans feel he does crap every week. We have some incredibly talented youngsters who could step up and do a job.

Whether it is the correct time to do it or not is debatable i agree, but that is Walter Smiths fault for trying to stick with the direness of Ferguson , McCulloch and co.

Ofcourse we all realise we have a title to win. The youngsters i mentioned will have to be given a chance now because i cannot see Ferguson pulling us through to the title now. No-one can tell if the younger players will be able to win us the league, i am merely stating that those players would be better off attempting to win us games rather than Fergie and co, in my opinion.

I believe that we are being seduced with the romance of these 'youngsters'. I haven't seen anything from any of them that suggests that they will improve our team. In fact, I would argue that the likes of Adam, McCormack and Burke showed more when they broke into the first team. In all honesty, they haven't had enough games for us to form any real judgement as Walter Smith prefers his tried and tested players.

However, Ferguson hasn't been the worst player in our team this season, far from it, yet he is the one that carries all the blame and responisibility from fans who have other reasons for wanting him to FAIL as a Rangers player and Rangers captain. Currently, those fans can be seen gloating and creaming their pants at this news and believe that everything will now be rosey in the Rangers garden.

These fans will be like a Labour government in that they'll still be blaming Barry Ferguson for Rangers' failures for the next decade.

Cammy F

Yes, and it should have been dealt with at the time. Instead, PLG fooked of to PSG (playing his ticket) and Mr Moonbeams showed his usual level of leadership. If it had been dealt with then, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Once again, due to cowards running our club, we are the fooking laughing stock of Scottish (if not British) football.

Cammy F

Hold up though.... no mention of Smith who came in and re-installed Ferguson as Captain ?

Surely he is culpable too ?!?!?!