Do We Have A Problem at Ibrox

Is this journalist (Rangers Man?) jumping on a bandwagon or is he hinting at problems within Ibrox?

The photograph says it all for me.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2499584.0.Goodbye_and_good_riddance.php

Just read the article and was wondering the same thing myself. Never saw Broadfoot as especially anti-Rangers, so you have to wonder. I know some bears wil say there's anti-rangers agenda in the media, but this is Scotland we're talking about. How does it help their cause to damage Scotland? Because by banning Ferguson and McGreagor, we are just shooting ourselves in the foot. They may not be first choices but with the limited talent we have, we need these two in the squad. Particularly McGregor; I cannot see another no.2 who is anywhere close to challenge Gordon.

I recall those in the press who said that on Smith's return, Fergie should never captain Rangers again, and I thought it was too harsh - now I wonder. As chilledbear says, the picture says it all.:(

There is no smoke without fire mate.

Ferguson and his clique within the club are continually showing they lack discipline. From this episode to the minute's silence thing a while back to the PLG debacle it seems to be the same players at the centre of the same stories of indiscipline and disrespect.

Our national sport is a laughing stock. It is no coincidence that the most successful club team is central to the decline.

This whole story is obvious sensationalised to the point of satire but problems do exist and we lack any sort of leader capable of addressing them.

There is no smoke without fire mate.

Ferguson and his clique within the club are continually showing they lack discipline. From this episode to the minute's silence thing a while back to the PLG debacle it seems to be the same players at the centre of the same stories of indiscipline and disrespect.

Our national sport is a laughing stock. It is no coincidence that the most successful club team is central to the decline.

This whole story is obvious sensationalised to the point of satire but problems do exist and we lack any sort of leader capable of addressing them.

Jeez, that's really depressing, Frankie. Despite the reservations we have about Walter as a coach, as far as discipline is concerned, I've always thought him as solid as a rock. If he can't sort, who the hell can?:(

I have my problems with Ferguson's form and fitness since his return from Blackburn, and especially the last 2 seasons where he has looked well past his best.

But I will not accept PLG's slaughtering of him at face value, when it has been thought and finally confirmed by Murray in his 20th anniversary interview on Radio Scotland last November, that PLG was a sly bassa that was working his ticked out and had been tapped by PSG as early as October, coinciding with negative stories starting to come out about unity. PLG made an almighty dogs dinner of the job at Ibrox, completely underestimating the importance of bringing in a Scottish coaching assistant to guide him through our system and style, not doing his homework on us or our opponents despite knowing he was starting the job for 6 months and being only a pundit for this time, he could easily have done a far better job.

The reality of the PLG situation is he was a typical Froggy coward who, at the first sign of trouble, bottled it completely and walked out.

The fact he took Ferguson down with him was only because Ferguson, as his captain, was trying to be helpful, and PLG's arrogance refused it.

I will be happy to have Ferguson sold in the summer, but only because his form does not justify the salary.

Is this journalist (Rangers Man?) jumping on a bandwagon or is he hinting at problems within Ibrox?

The photograph says it all for me.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2499584.0.Goodbye_and_good_riddance.php

I agree that Ferguson and McGregor acted in a childish, disrespectful way in the photograph which by now must be familiar to everyone who supports Scottish Football. They may have performed thieir double act on Wednesday but who was it aimed at ? Did anyone other than the photographer actually witness the incident ?

Now the press can print what they like. ie " offending the entire Scottish Nation etc. etc." Thanks F and M's moment of stupidity the press will now be able to move the focus from burly's ineptitude to offering up thousands of column inches saying how the Rangers' players ruined Scotland's World Cup chances.

I wonder who they were actually aimed at ?

Was it Scott Brown for his terrible barbershop technique ?

Was it George Burly who had just stuck his tongue out at them ?

Was it Eidur Gudjonsson who later said that Scotland played better without them ?

Or was it the other boozing players who shouted at them saying " you got caught and we didnae, na na nana na" ?

Somehow I don't think it was the support and the entire Scottish Nation as the press like to say as being a statement of fact. Anyone who believes that is a dimwitted numbskull who will swallow anything as long as it suits their already biased opinions against anything Rangers.

I suppose we'll have to wait until the autobiographies are written before we know.

All in all it is similar to the Gazza " flute playing incident " of several years ago where it was actually witnessed by very few but, thanks to the press and their slanted made up stories and stirred up bigotry allegations, managed to offend the entire Western World.

However the fact remains that both players were very naive to make such gestures especially when they were under the spotlight due to their recent indisgressions. Especially when the repercussions not only involve them, but draw Rangers into the firing line.

TB, I don't accept that Fergie was blameless in the whole PLG affair. Murray has also confirmed that he would have got rid of Fergie if PLG was willing to commit to the club, but there must have been some substence to the stories, and it wasn't just that Fergie was being "helpful".

Whatever spin Murray puts on it depends on the best light that he himself is shown in.

Gordy, I actually don't care who it was aimed at. The drinking session was naive at best, but then to compound the error with that is stupidity of the highest level, and now, as you correctly say, draws Rangers into it.

They should both be heavily punished.