I think that's the problem these days, you argue against some extreme allegations and suddenly people think you're saying the diametric opposite extreme.

What I want to know, is what is Fergie's crime? What actual damage has he caused?

I think most 30 year olds can recover from a bit of a sesh within 80 hours to play a game of football. Most will be totally fine in less than 40 hours.

Maybe he shouldn't have been drinking so much - although how much he actually drank is not clear to me, but it seems a slapped wrist offence at most to me.

If players are playing two games a week and can't have a drink three and a half days before a game, just when can they have a drink?

I know they get paid a lot but to say they can't drink at all is a bit extreme to me, unless you can prove that their performance will be noticeably affected - and in any case, players are usually paid for their ability, so if drinking is affecting that, then it will be reflected in their career and pay packet.

There was talk by some foreign players under PLG about the drinking and diet habits of the Scots players - however, the ones doing the talking were actually the worst performing players, and if taken as evidence could point to a possibility that eating well and not drinking could make you a WORSE player... And you only have to look at the 9IAR team for more evidence.

Agreed.

I find it all quite strange really, for one I didn't think Barry was a drinker ?, the other thing is it is totally different for an athlete to have a wee sesh than any of us as they are so fit that I don't think it does much harm at all,unless of course they are doing it all the time consistently.The fact that they were given permission to go and have a few beers I can't see what all the fuss is about tbh and don't believe it would have made them perform any worse because of this. Burley is a class A twat IMO and it would please me if no Rangers players played for Scotland as long as this clown is in charge, only my humble opinion of course.

I have always thought a Rangers captain meant something, and when you were then chosen to lead your country it added a little bit more. We can all name them, from Geordie Young, John Greig etc, they were somebody to look up to, leaders who set an example. I'm sure I could find a quote from Struth or Wallace, about what makes a Rangers captain. Of one thing I'm certain, Ferguson would get no support from either of these managers.

BTW because I condemn Ferguson does not mean I support Burley.

Old Fashioned Loyal.

What about the likes of Richard Gough?

In fact, is there any evidence that Grieg didn't have the odd sesh? I really doubt he was tea total.

Old fashioned usually means the likes of Best or Law who were drunk the night before games or even during the game itself.

I would bet players drink far less in modern times but any time they do is far more public and blown way out of proportion.

I have always thought a Rangers captain meant something, and when you were then chosen to lead your country it added a little bit more. We can all name them, from Geordie Young, John Greig etc, they were somebody to look up to, leaders who set an example. I'm sure I could find a quote from Struth or Wallace, about what makes a Rangers captain. Of one thing I'm certain, Ferguson would get no support from either of these managers.

BTW because I condemn Ferguson does not mean I support Burley.

Old Fashioned Loyal.

Most of the 9iar squad would have been booted out then ?

the more talented the person, the easier they are to forgive though. i could forgive 9iar people anything, but the current crop haven't won that sort affection from me. i can't be irked about the drinking, obviously, it'd be hypocritical of me, but there seems like a gap there.

Of all the players that were involved in this wee sesh, Burley drops two of them, Scotland wins,does this mean he was correct in his actions ?

I am not interested in Burleys actions, I'm interested in the Rangers players and their actions. Ferguson, Whitaker, McGregor and Hutton, is it just a coincidence.

What about the likes of Richard Gough?

In fact, is there any evidence that Grieg didn't have the odd sesh? I really doubt he was tea total.

Old fashioned usually means the likes of Best or Law who were drunk the night before games or even during the game itself.

I would bet players drink far less in modern times but any time they do is far more public and blown way out of proportion.

I can't remember Gough being drunk at 9/10am in a Hotel, I may be wrong,I'm sure you'll correct me.

Best and Law[??] were not Rangers captains

I am not against players having a sesh, but there is a time and place.

I am not interested in Burleys actions, I'm interested in the Rangers players and their actions. Ferguson, Whitaker, McGregor and Hutton, is it just a coincidence.

Hutton plays for Spurs :)

Seriously, I see what you are saying, but I think this has been blown out of proportion, or all the players would have been sent home, why is it only the Rangers players were dropped ?