There are a lot of similarities between Burley and Le Guen.

Both struggled or are struggling with criticism of their managerial style. Both have/ had dressing room discontent and both times Barry seems to be at the centre of an argument.

I've had a growing dislike for Burley and this is really the final straw for me. Regardless of the behaviour of the players involved, which cannot be condoned - Burley must go. We're currently one nil up against Iceland as I write this but even if we go on to win, I don't hold out much hope of us qualifying and would rather someone else took over and had a few games to bed himself in before looking to the next campaign.

You could also say that it's more than a conicidence that Ferguson was involved on both occasions. Is he blameless? Can give him the benefit of the doubt with Le Guen but he does now appear to be nothing more than a shit-stirrer I'm sorry to say.

As things turned out, Burley's decision to save Hutton and Gordon for this match was the right decision. So what exactly has he done wrong?

And Fergie has been poor for both Rangers and Scotland this season. It seems that Darren Fletcher performs better without Fergie in the team.

And just who do you want to take over from Burley? If it's souness we'll have no players left because of his abrasive management style.

Whilst people may try and spin in that we're better off without Ferguson and point to this result and performance compared to the last there were two things that made the difference and has fuck all to do with Fergie:

1) Iceland are awful. Holland are top quality.

2) Alan Hutton.

just exactly when did darren Fletcher perform? If it was tonight i must have blinked and missed it.

Also there were 7 players involved in the incedent at the weekend (which has been blown out of proportion) so be sure to be as scathing with the rest as you are with Ferguson.

Brown and whittaker are two names that have popped up over the affair. well find out the rest in the morning press.

Guest bigbear
There are a lot of similarities between Burley and Le Guen.

Both struggled or are struggling with criticism of their managerial style. Both have/ had dressing room discontent and both times Barry seems to be at the centre of an argument.

I've had a growing dislike for Burley and this is really the final straw for me. Regardless of the behaviour of the players involved, which cannot be condoned - Burley must go. We're currently one nil up against Iceland as I write this but even if we go on to win, I don't hold out much hope of us qualifying and would rather someone else took over and had a few games to bed himself in before looking to the next campaign.

Two cheeks of the same asshole IMHO

just exactly when did darren Fletcher perform? If it was tonight i must have blinked and missed it.

Also there were 7 players involved in the incedent at the weekend (which has been blown out of proportion) so be sure to be as scathing with the rest as you are with Ferguson.

Brown and whittaker are two names that have popped up over the affair. well find out the rest in the morning press.

According to the radio Fletcher played well. But my point is over the Le Guen scenario I sided with Barry; this time I don't think we should back him unconditionally. His time at both Rangers and Scotland may be up.

The other reason apart from Hutton we won tonight is Ross McCormack. Another one that got away methinks.

Guest bigbear

Hutton and Elvis were drinking with them

Guest bigbear
According to the radio Fletcher played well. But my point is over the Le Guen scenario I sided with Barry; this time I don't think we should back him unconditionally. His time at both Rangers and Scotland may be up.

The other reason apart from Hutton we won tonight is Ross McCormack. Another one that got away methinks.

Watched the game on Justin for free

Fletcher 4/10 looks good at Manure passing to world class players

Hutton 10/10 what more can one say

Ross McCorm... 9/10 Le French fooker was wrong about this guy,well done my son,come back to the brox anytime

PS Alex Scott was not a legend

Maybe a leg end

You could also say that it's more than a conicidence that Ferguson was involved on both occasions. Is he blameless? Can give him the benefit of the doubt with Le Guen but he does now appear to be nothing more than a shit-stirrer I'm sorry to say.

As things turned out, Burley's decision to save Hutton and Gordon for this match was the right decision. So what exactly has he done wrong?

And Fergie has been poor for both Rangers and Scotland this season. It seems that Darren Fletcher performs better without Fergie in the team.

And just who do you want to take over from Burley? If it's souness we'll have no players left because of his abrasive management style.

Don't forget Advocaat was reputed to have lost the dressing room as was also said of Big Eck. 4 managerslose the dressing room and the common denominator is Barry Ferguson. Time to show him the door.

Don't forget Advocaat was reputed to have lost the dressing room as was also said of Big Eck. 4 managerslose the dressing room and the common denominator is Barry Ferguson. Time to show him the door.

What a load of nonsense Pete. Just because Ferguson is the common denominator doesnt make him the cause.

Advocaat lost the dressing room because there was a split between the Dutch and non-Dutch (from what I remember). How does that mean it is Ferguson's fault ?

Eck lost the dressing room because, quite simply, the players were crap and his tactics were questionable. Again, not necessarily Ferguson's fault.

PLG. I supported PLG through that one but none of us know for sure who was to blame and to what extent. Most definitely Ferguson was one of the primary players though. Was it his fault ? Who knows.

Smith - hasnt lost the dressing room in his 2nd sting has he ? Not to my knowledge - so does that mean that this is also thanks to Barry Ferguson as he is still the common denominator ?

Smith also didnt lose the dressing room in his 1st stint and Ferguson was there during that time - so was it also thanks to BF that the dressing room wasnt lost ?

Burley. Obviously BF is partly to blame as it stands, but seems that there were plenty others who were not blameless, so why is he scape-goated ?

Just because someone is the common denominator does not make them the root cause of all problems.

I am by no means saying he is blameless - but to suggest he is the only problem cause is highly unlikely

Edited by craig

Guest 5StarBear
His judgement can be called into question.

There is more to this than meets the eye. The only fact is our skipper, our goalkeeper and our club look stupid. Again.

What do you mean by "There is more to this than meets the eye"? That's a strange thing to say.

Burley appears too weak to command the respect of the players, but that should not really be relevant, since these are grown men, professional players, athletes, representing their country etc etc..............Not to mention the hordes of school kids who idolise these guys and look up to them in everything they do.

Our skipper our countrys skipper and our goalkeeper have shown me that they really don't have the attitude or the common sense to be real winners.

Our club has enough problems just now without these pair of twits shooting themselves and the club and us supporters in the foot!