We can't blame Burley, these players are not kids.

His judgement can be called into question.

There is more to this than meets the eye. The only fact is our skipper, our goalkeeper and our club look stupid. Again.

His judgement can be called into question.

There is more to this than meets the eye. The only fact is our skipper, our goalkeeper and our club look stupid. Again.

It's the players judgement that is called into question, and a Rangers Captain to boot.

It's the players judgement that is called into question, and a Rangers Captain to boot.

I don't disagree but one must wonder why the manager sanctioned such a session ahead of an important qualifier and his reaction to players extending the session.

Surely this could have been dealt with by way of severe censure instead of dropping players from the squad?

Like I say, this isn't the full story and I'm certainly embarrassed by our players' behaviour no matter the manager's contribution.

I can't remember anything ever being said like this in the 90s when most of our players were on the bevy every week and in the papers after getting arrested/fighting in kebab shops etc. Was it because we were winning things and they were better players maybe? I can't remember anyone mentioning any shame being brought onto the club then? What is so different now?

The difference now is that everyone likes to judge people in the public eye with unreasonably high standards that they themselves don't even make the tiniest effort to attain.

People say it's "unprofessional" for footballers to drink, but how many of us have had our performance at woke affected by alcohol now and again?

I really can't see the harm of a few drinks three and half days before a game - and I really doubt they were fall over drunk or anything.

The difference now is that everyone likes to judge people in the public eye with unreasonably high standards that they themselves don't even make the tiniest effort to attain.

People say it's "unprofessional" for footballers to drink, but how many of us have had our performance at woke affected by alcohol now and again?

I really can't see the harm of a few drinks three and half days before a game - and I really doubt they were fall over drunk or anything.

That's true it's different now and the press are worse and more desperate for stories I suppose. As long as they are training hard and play well I don't see much of a problem but I can see how others can. And as you said they wouldn't be in a that much of a state such as we would be :whistle:

The fact is a manager sets down a few rules and Players should follow them whether they think it is right or wrong. Personally i think they could have had way too much to drink as not following rules is a symptom of too much to drink.

The fact is a manager sets down a few rules and Players should follow them whether they think it is right or wrong. Personally i think they could have had way too much to drink as not following rules is a symptom of too much to drink.

As Frankie has said maybe the manager should take some blame as 1 drink is 1 too many for some..........