Loans for Reserve Duo

STEVEN Kinniburgh is expected to complete a loan move to St Johnstone this afternoon that will see him spend the final few months of the season in Perth.

The left back will hope to feature for Derek McInnes's title chasing side as they aim to return to the SPL next season.

Kinniburgh joins a host of reserve team players that are currently gaining experience away from Murray Park with Ross Harvey also added to that list today as he joins Second Division Brechin City.

Harvey and Kinniburgh are the latest to leave temporarily to earn first team football, following in the footsteps of Lee Robinson, Willie McLachlan, Jordan McMillan, Andrew Shinnie, Georgos Efrem, Dean Furman and Rory Loy.

Scott Gallacher, Paul Emslie, Steven Lennon and Alan Lowing have also now returned to the club after loan periods earlier in the season.

Kinniburgh, who has made seven reserve appearances for Tommy Wilson's side, will hope to impress during his time in Perth as he prepares to enter the last year of his contract with Rangers in the summer.

STEVEN Kinniburgh is expected to complete a loan move to St Johnstone this afternoon that will see him spend the final few months of the season in Perth.

The left back will hope to feature for Derek McInnes's title chasing side as they aim to return to the SPL next season.

Kinniburgh joins a host of reserve team players that are currently gaining experience away from Murray Park with Ross Harvey also added to that list today as he joins Second Division Brechin City.

Harvey and Kinniburgh are the latest to leave temporarily to earn first team football, following in the footsteps of Lee Robinson, Willie McLachlan, Jordan McMillan, Andrew Shinnie, Georgos Efrem, Dean Furman and Rory Loy.

Scott Gallacher, Paul Emslie, Steven Lennon and Alan Lowing have also now returned to the club after loan periods earlier in the season.

Kinniburgh, who has made seven reserve appearances for Tommy Wilson's side, will hope to impress during his time in Perth as he prepares to enter the last year of his contract with Rangers in the summer.

Unfotunately as we all know from experience hardly any of them will make it at Ibrox, it's really sad.

We will lose a lot of talented young boys, we have been doing this for far too long.

Unfotunately as we all know from experience hardly any of them will make it at Ibrox, it's really sad.

We will lose a lot of talented young boys, we have been doing this for far too long.

Like who?

Who are we really missing? Maurice Ross? Steven MacLean? Stephen Hughs? Chris Burke? Charlie Adam? Bob Malcolm?

Most of these guys were booed by the Ibrox crowd and none of them have set the world alight since.

The biggest mistake was by Advocaat who let Gattuso go. He is the one player that we really missed.

Even with the likes of Furman, if he's so good why did Chelsea let him go?

Why should more than a couple of our youths make it to the first team? They have to be good enough for the mighty Rangers FC - how many players in the whole country are that good? We're not a run of the mill SPL team and so of course most of them don't make it.

Fans seem to think that we should be producing a conveyor belt of world class players from Murray Park or that we should play all our kids whether they are good enough or not. Do we have some kind of magic wand at Rangers that we're not using?

Hibs probably have the best record with producing youngsters and playing them - but what have they won?

What is the obsession these days with fans and youth players?

What I would like to know is how we are supposed to go about regualarly producing players that are all far better than the rest of Scotland put together?

Perhaps if someone can answer that they should go and do it - and as a side effect produce a Scotland team that's regularly capable of a World Cup quarterfinal or better.

PS When I was a teenager I was more keen on playing youngsters as they were close to my age and I thought they could improve our shit teams of the early 80's.

But the likes of Gordon Dalziel and Kenny Black ended up such a disappointment that I was much more impressed with tactics of Souness who brought in a load of established internationals and realised my desire for great youngsters was a bit naive.

Even under Souness, promising players of the likes of Derek Ferguson and Charlie Miller flopped badly.

Even under Souness, promising players of the likes of Derek Ferguson and Charlie Miller flopped badly.

Charlie Miller would've been about 14 when Souness was in charge at Rangers. It was WS who gave him his debut. I'm 99.9% sure of that.

I know it's not the point of your post though.

Like who?

Who are we really missing? Maurice Ross? Steven MacLean? Stephen Hughs? Chris Burke? Charlie Adam? Bob Malcolm?

Most of these guys were booed by the Ibrox crowd and none of them have set the world alight since.

The biggest mistake was by Advocaat who let Gattuso go. He is the one player that we really missed.

Why should more than a couple of our youths make it to the first team? They have to be good enough for the mighty Rangers FC - how many players in the whole country are that good? We're not a run of the mill SPL team and so of course most of them don't make it.

Fans seem to think that we should be producing a conveyor belt of world class players from Murray Park or that we should play all our kids whether they are good enough or not. Do we have some kind of magic wand at Rangers that we're not using?

Hibs probably have the best record with producing youngsters and playing them - but what have they won?

What I would like to know is how we are supposed to go about regualarly producing players that are all far better than the rest of Scotland put together?

Perhaps if someone can answer that they should go and do it - and as a side effect produce a Scotland team that's regularly capable of a World Cup quarterfinal or better.

Ross McCormack is the one i think we could possibly be using at this moment considering we don't really have a left sided attacker. He has scored 18 goals for Cardiff this season. I don't think Miller has scored that many in the last 4 seasons.:(

Ross McCormack is the one i think we could possibly be using at this moment considering we don't really have a left sided attacker. He has scored 18 goals for Cardiff this season. I don't think Miller has scored that many in the last 4 seasons.:(

In a division that Kyle Lafferty scored 3 goals in last season......

Cammy F

I didn't mention him as I think it could have been PLG that let him go. PLG certainly didn't spot his talent.

He also hasn't quite "made it" yet. Once he's playing regularly in the Premiership, then he can be considered a success.

I liked him and was sad to see him go but it still doesn't point to a large bunch of players we're missing.

The point is that all the teams in Scotland are training kids to become professional players. Say that's 2000 of them and say we have 50, while we can probably pick and choose a bit more and should have better coaches, there is no way statistically we can have 50 of the best players in there.

However, even if we had the 50 best in the country, 40 of them would obviously still not be good enough (do you want the 11th to 50th best young Scots playing for Rangers?) and we'd be left with a team that would be equivalent of the pick of the 10 best young players in the SPL.

Like I said before, Hibs had a team like that and still didn't come close to winning the league.

So if we can't get a great team from Murray Park even under perfect fantasy conditions, what chance is there in reality?

Success means producing a first team player every couple of years at best which means we let go several youngsters every year.

I didn't mention him as I think it could have been PLG that let him go. PLG certainly didn't spot his talent.

He also hasn't quite "made it" yet. Once he's playing regularly in the Premiership, then he can be considered a success.

I liked him and was sad to see him go but it still doesn't point to a large bunch of players we're missing.

The point is that all the teams in Scotland are training kids to become professional players. Say that's 2000 of them and say we have 50, while we can probably pick and choose a bit more and should have better coaches, there is no way statistically we can have 50 of the best players in there.

However, even if we had the 50 best in the country, 40 of them would obviously still not be good enough (do you want the 11th to 50th best young Scots playing for Rangers?) and we'd be left with a team that would be equivalent of the pick of the 10 best young players in the SPL.

Like I said before, Hibs had a team like that and still didn't come close to winning the league.

So if we can't get a great team from Murray Park even under perfect fantasy conditions, what chance is there in reality?

Success means producing a first team player every couple of years at best which means we let go several youngsters every year.

I think ideally and realistically we should be aiming to produce 2 to 3 players to move up from the youth teams to the first team squad every season.

I'm pretty sure I was told this was the aim of the Falkirk Academy, even if they didn't quite achieve it due to the talent available to them each individual season.

Like who?

OK, I did say we have been doing this for years, losing TALENTED players, what I meant by that is we never got the best out of that TALENT.

If we don't persevere with the young players we won't know whether they will make the grade, also when they do leave the gers it always is a downward spiral as you yourself said the michty Rangers.

All Supporters of teams want to see local lads and diehards make it into their team.

How we go about producing good enough players is by selecting the best available and proper teaching/coaching them to get the best out of them.

I am not a fan I support The Rangers.